III

Angelica.

UNEDITED YALL KMOW IM LAZY SORRY SKSKSM LEAVE COMMENTS AND VOTES OKAY LOVE YOU GUYS MWUAHH

Big blue eyes..long, pull-able hair..

"Lopez!" The woman's captain shouted, causing her to jump from her thoughts and look around to see everyone in the conference room staring at her. Angelica blushed and looked away, shaking her head before clearing her throat.

"Any leads? You've been undercover for weeks now and still no new information?" Captain Martinez asked. Angelica sighed and shook her head, opening her case folder.

"Nothing new, no. We're still hanging onto that lead we have on Rodriguez. There was a drop down in Salem but our team got there too late. It's clear they have someone tipping them because it was a close call." Angelica explained as she flipped through the folder. She hated being the center of attention yet always seemed to be, especially at work. She was one of the top FBI detectives in her New York City branch. She was a hard worker, being on the force for three years and already having a high ranking.

"Lopez, you're literally inside. How can you not know who the leak is?"

Angelica rolled her eyes at the voice of the current pest in her life that made her resent coming to work sometimes. His name was Vincent Antonio. He stood tall and arrogant as he smirked at Angelica who just continued to look down at her case folder.

"Like I said..it's a work in progress. The only reason why it's taking so long is because I don't want them to spot me. If they do, that's not only my life, but this case too. So unless you have another idea, I suggest you let me finish my briefing. Okay?" Angelica snapped calmly. Everyone chuckled and murmured under their breath while Vincent clenched his fists at his sides. Angelica smirked and looked at her Captain who just shook his head with a smirk on his face.

"I do have a new piece of evidence that we can use to track us to a lead. I found a burner phone in the desk drawer in Martin Rodriguez's bedroom and wrote down a few numbers I saw on it." Angelica continued.

"What were the area codes? How did you obtain this information?" Captain asked. He was always amazed with Angelica and her drive. He knew she was going to be successful on the force and she never steered him wrong.

"They were New York City area codes. Manhattan in particular. I used any means necessary, sir." Angelica stated with a smirk on her face as she twisted in her chair, remembering the short moment she had with Mrs. Rodriguez as she touched her lips.

"Well..good work as always, Lopez. We all know what to do from here. Resume your assignments and keep your eyes open. Let's get this guy."

"So what does this mean captain?" Angelica asked. He looked over at her with his dark, tired eyes and smiled slightly.

"Do what you have to do to get us to New York City."

Angelica sighed as she sat in her office, staring down at her phone. She thought about Nichole and smiled sadly, missing the beautiful stranger that she met at the bistro. She wished she had gotten her number but she was so quick to leave.

I wonder what she was in such a hurry for, Angelica thought as she opened the case folder. She knew she had to focus on work, but for the last few days her thoughts have been focused elsewhere. She always lived a quiet, lonely life. She did date, but the women she dated always just wanted sex, so sex is what she gave them.

Angelica's upbringing was quiet. She lived with her dad who was a quiet man that communicated through silent gestures and brief talks. He did everything he could to take care of Angelica even though he never expressed much. Her mom wasn't in her life, her dad taking care of her ever since she was two years old. She didn't remember much about her mom, her dad never speaking of her and not having any photographs.

She resembled her dad greatly, having his thick brown locks of hair and brown eyes. She also has his lips and jaw shape, getting everything else from what she would assume her mom looked like. She didn't think about her too much, considering she grew accustomed to only having her father in her life. She didn't have much friends growing up in New York City, being the quiet smart kid that always sat in the back of class.

She ended up graduating high school early with honors, going to college in Manhattan for criminal justice. She immediately started working after graduating, building up to the place she was now.

Angelica pulled out her work phone from the desk drawer and turned it on, the text messages flooding in immediately. She saw a text from the person she befriended while undercover. The person knew Angelica as Jasmine, it being her cover name for her assignment. She wished she could've told Nichole her real name, but she would've outed herself and cause a lot of problems.

She hoped she could encounter the young woman again, wishing she could find her in some sort of way. She knew with the snap of her finger she could find the woman's entire life, but she didn't want to do that. She wanted to build the relationship organically.

Angelica's phone chimed indicating that someone texted her. It was her best friend Maxine. They became friends in the academy and hit it off. She was from Louisiana but moved east when she was in high school. She was Angelica's only friend and planned to stick around no matter what. She knew Angie needed a friend whether she'd admit it or not.

And Maxine was that person.

'Drinks when you touch down?' - M.

Angelica rolled her eyes and smirked, before texting her best friend back. She didn't even need to tell Maxine that she was coming into the city. Her best friend practiced deep spirituality, and knew she read her cards every day and knew her every move.

'Stop reading my cards, weirdo. But yes.'

Angelica sighed and opened Instagram, scrolling through the app when she saw Maxine's profile. She rolled her eyes and tapped through her story, seeing the tarot cards and crystals with burning incense filling the screen, when she stopped on the last image she posted, it being an old softball photo from middle school.

"No..way.." Angelica breathed lowly as she looked at the photo. She squinted, swallowing hard as the long blonde hair and blue eyes that haunted her dreams for the past two days stared back at her.

Angelica exited the post and clicked Maxine's following and typed in Nichole's name. She misspelled it multiple times, putting in Nicole, Nikki and even Nic. Nothing popped up until she added an H, Nichole's Instagram immediately popping up.

Angelica's eyes were wide and her face was flushed as she scrolled through the woman's Instagram, the aesthetically pleasing feed warning the pit of her stomach. She swallowed hard as she clicked the direct message option and stared for a second, before typing out her message.

'It's Jasmine...'