Chapter 44

Lisa's POV

Colors of sorts with a tinge of formality suffuses the area as members in their beautiful and elegant suits and dresses started to arrive one after the other. Smiles as bright as the daylight decorates their faces, matching the glimmer of their jewelries under the sun.

Chairs that are enough to be occupied by the whole pack are lined up neatly with long tables, food and drinks on the side, as there will be an after-party after the ceremony. A stage stands in front as all sorts of decors and grand lightings decorate the whole venue. I decided it to be outdoor with simple yet elegant decorations.

In my formal long dress, I sat in front with my legs bouncing as I wait for the place to be filled and for the ceremony to start.

Today is the day that everyone has been looking forward to. A special day where members gather around to witness the shift in power from their current alpha to a new. From Luna to me, in our case. The day where I get to be acknowledged as a full-fledge alpha of the Royal Silver Pack— my pack.

I never felt so nervous and anxious in my whole entire life. They were creeping in within my skin, haunting and tormenting my mind— I am in turmoil. I know I shouldn't feel like this, considering how I am destined to take over even when I wasn't out of my mommy's tummy yet. Five years of being held captive just really took a toll on me that made me this way, so you can't blame me.

"How are you now, Lili?" Jennie questions in a cute way, simply hugging me with her head resting on my chest. My arms wrapped around her slim waist as I rest my chin on her head.

"A bit calm but still a bit nervous" I replied, inhaling her intoxicating scent after.

One thing about my mate is that she has the ability to calm me and put my mind and body at ease, no matter how bad the circumstances are.

She had felt my anxiety the moment she sat beside me and had pulled me somewhere private and hidden to make them go away. We ended up at the backstage, having a full make-out session. It made my mind go haywire— in a good way that had set those anxious thoughts aside.

My mate.

She really is beautiful. More so with the tight red dress that hugs her every curve.

"God, I've been searching everywhere for the two of you!" Jisoo whisper-yells after emerging from the curtains. "And here I'll find you two eating each other's faces"

"Since when did searching for us became ogling at your girlfriend, unnie?" Jennie remarks with a flash of an 'innocent' smirk, knowing very well in mind that her cousin doesn't have any better retort to spit.

"Yeah whatever, the ceremony's about to start"

I watch as Jisoo takes her cousin with her out of the backstage, leaving me here as I anxiously wait for the ceremony to begin and for my name to be called. Jennie glances back and mouthed 'hwaiting' before fully disappearing behind the curtains. For a whole good minute, I felt myself calmed.

Not until I heard the screech of the microphone that was soon followed by the voice of the most superior elder of the pack that has been around for almost a millennium and had witnessed and crowned many of my ancestors. It was amazing how he survived every war and chaos.

"My fellow pack members" He begins.

"As we all know, we have been an alpha-less pack ever since the war between the hunters from five years ago occurred. We were on the verge of falling and became an easy target for most of the rogues and other enemies. Therefore, we come forth to this splendid day to acknowledge the rightful heir, our former alpha Marco's one and only daughter Lalisa Manoban, as the new alpha of the Royal Silver Pack"