Chapter 34

Jennie's POV

"Come now, little one" He said with a wicked voice, about to reach me.

I flinched away a little before he grabbed my hand and started pulling me to the farthest corner of the room.

I didn't understand what was happening at first.

But soon realized that we were actually heading to the strange shackles. When he grabbed one shackle in his left hand, the other still holding the my little hands, the idea settled in my mind. 

These are for me! My mind screamed.

"NO!" I yelled pulling my hand away, but he quickly grabbed it again and I yelled in fear.

"Leave me!" I kept struggling to free myself from his grip.

"Hold still!" He yelled before he finally closed the shackle around my wrists and started reaching for the other.

I gasped aloud, then, "H-Help me!" I cried and he quickly closed the other one, making me wince in pain.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡ

My eyes snapped wide open in an abrupt way and my body convulse at the memory

No.... no!

I shook my head vigorously as I try to get it out of my mind as quickly as possible.

It is happening again!

I thought it was completely gone. Lisa had tamed my wild mind long ago and had made it as calm and peaceful as ever.

But it was back.

Everything was all coming back!

I look ahead and another flash of memory came, constantly flashing before my eyes one after the other. I flinch, cowering with eyes shut tight.

I see blood.

I see myself.

I see myself with blood, screaming.

I can hear spine-chilling screams and— and humorless waves of laughter.

"Arrhhggg!" I clutch my head tightly and continued shaking them from side to side, slamming it to the wall.

This is what you deserve.

Make it stop!

Hunters like you should be killed in the most gruesome way possible.

No!

I'll make sure you get to watch me tore your parents' limbs one by one. Then, I'll do the same to you....

Shut up!

My breathing races and I look straight ahead at the bars with panic written all over my face. Then, I made a dash for it, only to fall backward as thick chains pulled my wrist back.

I whip my head behind to see my wrists restrained with shackles; thick, glossy shackles made out of titanium.

I can see a girl I recognize from years ago, those broken and lifeless cat-like eyes boring straight at me, screaming for help.

I tug on the chains harder, yet it remained firm. Rattling at every movement I make; a noise that will forever haunt me in both my life and dreams.

I sat hopelessly, waiting for what is known to come. Besides, history is known to repeat itself, so I won't be surprised if another war and shit break out after all this.