Chapter 2: Betrayal

"What is she talking about Dany?" My mom asked.

I could still hear them from the living room where i sat staring at the wall. It's been 2 weeks since I knew about everything so how long has it been since he has been betraying my mom? And why would he betray her anyways?

"I... I wanted to tell you Jane. I did but I guess... I guess I never dared."

I could hear my mom sobbing while I sat there with my arms in my lap.

"How long? How long have you been... You know..." My mom asked after what seemed like ages her voice weak and barely audible.

"6 months" my dad replied his voice low and hoarse.

My mom sobbed louder then after a few minutes she got up saying

"I want a divorce."

I sat there paralysed okay of course she has all the right to ask for it but why? a couple of weeks ago everything seemed normal and now my parents are getting a divorce?? That was a huge shock to me.

My dad entered the living room and when he saw me his face was mixed with pain and guilt.

"Why didn't you tell me alone? I could have explained everything to you and we wouldn't be here right now."

I was extremely shocked

"wait what??? You dare blame it on me? I'm not the one who betrayed her dad you did and not only did you betray her, you betrayed me and Joseph as well. Do you really think if you 'could have explained everything to me' i would've helped you hide your acts?? If yes then you're crazy" I said storming away.

I stopped directly before leaving the room turned around and said

"By the way you should know that the saddest thing about betrayal, and the only thing that is breaking me right now is that it never comes from your enemies it only comes from your loved ones."

This time i turned on my heal without looking back, and after around 15 minutes, i heard the front door close and watched from the window as my dad walked away carrying his suitcase with him.

That night i was greeted by a sleep mixed with tears and sorrow and by then i knew that I'll keep on having disturbed sleep for a long long time.

*end of flashback*

As i walked back to my car and got home my brother came rushing to my room.

"What kind of decision was that?"

He asked looking at me with anger flashing in his eyes. My brother is 3 years older than me and considerably hot. He was studying in France and basically planned to live there. He came back to San Francisco only to participate in the last court my parents were having before finally getting divorced and not have anything to do with one another after it.

" I already told you its my choice and thats what i want."

"You want to live with that asshole 2 weeks per month?"

"Thats exactly what i said wasn't it?" I asked rhetorically

"plus that asshole is your dad" i remind him.

My brother calmed down then said,

"No that man is not my dad i don't really know who that is but I'm sure as hell its not the man i grew up to adore and to watch with envy." By then he was lying down on my bed.

We were both disappointed and we both felt weak knowing that our family broke apart.

"When are you leaving again?" I ask Joseph as i sit on my desk turning on my laptop.