Chapter 20: No Never (2)!

'Sky,
I heard you've been waiting on my bedroom door ever since i got into the hospital and for that i am grateful thank you so much. I hope to see you soon once they quit dosing me off each time i wake up. Take care of yourself and I'll see you later.
Maria'

I handed the now folded piece of paper to the nurse and got myself into a sleeping position again.

"Okay im gonna inject this dose, it will hurt a little but it will be a matter of minutes until you fall asleep. Ready?" The doctor asked me as she held a puncture in her hand.

I nodded.

The doctor gave me a sad smile before looking behind her where two nurses came closer and held both of my arms straight next to my body as the doctor injected the dosage.

It hurt like a bitch and i tried to shift or to move but the nurses held a dead grip around my arms and then i noticed two new nurses held my legs. I felt the veins in my neck pop out of their places.

It hurt way too much. Tears rolled down my eyes as i tried to move my body over and over again.

The doctor was injecting more of the dosage into my body and with each passing second i was planning her death for her.

After what felt like hours, and after all the pain i had to endure, my eyes shut down once, then twice, then all at once throwing me into darkness again.

~24 hours later~
I was conscious. All throughout those 24 hours i was conscious. I heard everything that was happening around me. I knew about everything around me i just couldn't get my body to move or my eyes to open.

I kept on trying to move but i just knew it wouldn't be possible.

I heard the door of my room open and then close again.

"7minutes." Someone declared before the door opened and then closed again.

"Fuck you!" Someone muttered before the sound of metal on the ground was heard indicating that someone was dragging a chair next to my bed.

"Hey, i got your paper." SKY!!

"I just wanted to tell you that... Thats the least i could do. I was so scared when i saw you in the pool. I directly knew that you had a shoulder dislocation but how stupid can you be to keep on swimming?? I was scared as hell that i would actually loose you Maria." Sky's voice broke which indicated that he was crying and more than anything i wanted to reach over and brush the tears away.

"I... I'm sorry i couldn't protect you. I promise I'll make that the last time just open your eyes for me. Do something to prove to me that you believe me."

STUPID BODY!!! WHY CAN'T YOU FUNCTION WHEN I NEED YOU MOST. Inside of me, a war was taking place my brain trying to send signals over and over again for my body but the latter just wouldn't bother function.

And on the outside, i looked like a damn branch stuck in place. I swear when i wake up, I'm gonna murder John for dragging me to the room where i got dosed again.

COME ON!! I tried to move again and my index did. Making me jump of happiness on the inside.

Yes more more. I kept on feeling my finger move. It may be slowly but it was moving.

Sky gasped and then took a hold of my hand placing it on his open palm. I tapped my finger on his palm as he laughed lightly. My hand started to move again then my eyes opened. But no awesome moment could last since a nurse came in.

"The seven minutes are over." She said then her eyes widened when she saw me.

'Oh my God shes awake. We need a new dose." The nurse said panicking.

"No please no i cant take any dose anymore. You guys are gonna kill me with all those doses." I said my voice weak.

"Sorry sweet heart can't do. Get ready for another 24 hours."

"Can i see my doctor first?" I asked her.

"I don't think...." The nurse started but Sky frowned at her. A frown that if directed towards me would've probably scared the living shit out of me.

"I mean... I'll see what i can do." The nurse said keeping her eyes on Sky.

"Thank you." I said as she disappeared.

"How are you feeling?" Sky asked me sitting on my bed after placing a long kiss on my cheek.

"Surviving... though this stupid shoulder didn't make it till the end of the competition."

"You pushed yourself too hard." Sky reminded me intertwining our fingers together. "I'm happy your awake."he said.

"I am too." I said truthfully. 'Mostly because you're here' i added in my mind.

The door to my room was pushed open revealing a doctor.

"Well good morning, i see you're awake and having visitors?" The doctor asked looking over at Sky.

"Yeah is it against the rules?" I asked the doctor.

"For now no but later it might be."
I looked at him frowning.... What did he mean?

"Okay... Can you tell me what's wrong with me?" I asked smiling.

"Oh sure," Sky adjusted his seating position. "So since it wasn't your first shoulder dislocation, the muscles have been already weakened and thus the ligament in your shoulder now is extremely weak that we're scared it might break. And once a ligament breaks it cant be fixed again. Thats 'what's wrong with you'." The doctor said placing air quotations with his fingers.

Oh well okay then...

"So now we will have to dose you off again!" The doctor said

I looked at him in disbelief.

"When can i leave? As in go home?"

"Wednesday or thursday would be good." The doctor replied.

"Okay and when can i swim again."

"Yeah... About that you'll have to talk to your dad." The doctor replied again leaving letting my dad in.

"Hey sweetheart." Dad said.

"Ill be back in a few." Sky whispered placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey dad." I replied smiling.

"How are you feeling?" Dad asked me.

"Im fine i guess." There was a brief pause before i started again. "dad when am I going to be able to continue my training?" I asked looking at him.

"Umm about that.." Dad said rubbing the back of his neck. "I don't think you will... Ever again."

"What? What do you mean?" I asked shocked.

"Im sorry baby but you might want to think about going back into.... Ice skating?" My dad asked. Without giving it any thought i answered looking away.

"No Never!"