Chapter 28: Lonely

I stood there next to the tree Sky was sitting under last time my hands in my pockets as I waited for him to talk.

"What happened with the 'I'll tell you later'? Isn't it later now?" He asked.

"Umm yeah i went to court and my mom wants me to go home." I replied simply.

"But you said that you'll stay at your dad's for another week." He said frowning.

"I'm not the one to choose." My voice broke. It was all too much. My mom, me having to rely on Jamie, sky and that stupid girl, Jason and all his lovely acts... I couldn't handle it anymore.

"It's alright." Sky said trying to hug me as I moved backwards.

"Save your hugs for your girl." I said raising my hand in front of his chest.

"What? What do you mean?" Sky looked dumbfounded and as much as i tried to ignore it, i couldn't help but realise how awesomely hot he looked when he was frowning.

"Nothing. Nevermind." I said walking by him before he grabbed my wrist.

"Why are you blocking me out?" Sky asked.

"I... I don't know ask yourself." I said looking at the ground. As we stood there, the girl who was with Sky came and hugged his hand placing a perfectly manicured hand around his biceps.

"Sky you're going home with me right?" She asked smiling up at him. I frowned looking away.

"I... I don't think so..." sky said as I felt his strong gaze on me.

"Come on you promised." She said pouting.

"Im gonna go" i said to Sky. "Have a safe drive back home."

"Wait I'm leaving with you no?" Sky asked.

"No you're leaving with me." The girl said still pouting. I looked at Sky.

"Your decision not mine." I said walking away.

The rest of the day was disgusting. I watched as teachers lectured us and all I could think about was stupid Sky who didn't even give a damn about me. I needed to talk to Yasmine.

As the last bell rang I walked out and into my car to find both Sky and Chris leaning on it.

"Hey." I said unlocking it as they both took their seats sky next to me.

I sped off to our houses as we remained silent for most of the way. Once we got there, we all got down and Chris came with me to help me pack apparently while Sky claimed that he wanted to talk to Brandon.

We entered my house as i watched my dad sitting on the couch running his fingers through his hair.

"Hey." I said heading to the stairs Chris on my heel.

"Maria why didn't you call me?" Dad asked me.

"You had a conference dad." I replied frowning. "Plus we did all we could've possibly done mom is mom and she'll never change her attitude."

I walked up the stairs and set a small bag shoving some clothes in it. Now i had clothes in both houses. Chris helped me as we joked a little my heart not really in it but whatever.

We walked back down and thats when i realised that Sky went back home. I hugged Chris, dad, and both Brandon and Sam getting into my car. As i was about to leave Sky came out of nowhere.

"Don't i get a goodbye?" He asked opening my door.

"Goodbye Sky." I replied

"Thats it?" He asked. "What happened what did i do wrong?" He asked.

"Sky, when i heard Chris telling you to not fuck with my feelings I didn't hear your reply but I wish I did like that I wouldn't be in such a position right now." I shut my door and left crying my heart out as i struggled again to drive with one hand as i watched Sky's figure slowly become smaller in the rear view mirror.