Chapter 14: My Guardian Angel

Jacob in the attachment by the side!
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Once Jacob finished his lunch, he got up and went to the toilet to wash his hands then left back again to play. Sky remained silent as his eyes pierced into mine and I tried to look away.

We remained silent neither of us breaking the tension wall building between us until a good five minutes.

"Okay look if you want to keep on staring at me like that I can get you a picture of me, cause I'd rather go and do something else more useful." I said swallowing hard.

Sky remained still, watching each and every single movement I made.

"Fine" I said getting up and grabbing my stuff. I was really about to leave when Sky stood up as well and grabbed my wrist.

"Don't" he ordered his voice low as sadness and fear flashed in his eyes. I put my book back down and sat down.

"Want to tell me what happened?" He asked his eyes pleading with me.

"Yeah okay" i said my voice low as tears started to form in my eyes. i explained the entire story about the girl who went to check on her blood each 3 month and about the stares she got from nurses about all the sufferings she had to go through in order to make sure she wasn't one of the infected people. I finished the story basically crying my heart out as i tried to hide my sobs.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Sky asked holding my hand as i was shocked to realise his eyes were watering as well.

"because each time I tell somebody, they'd pity me and start to act all different with me. I know that each time i tell someone about my case I'm loosing him or her. You'll realise how you wont be able to help yourself and you'd talk to me as if I'm some poor girl who's about to get cancer and eventually I'll have to break our bond." I said remembering all the people i lost just because they wouldn't agree to NOT pity my state or talk to me as a sick person.

"Well i won't" sky said.

"Yeah sure. Your eyes are already watering." I said as I turn my face away.

"I won't" sky said leaning in and brushing my tears away with his hand.

"I promise" he added. For some reason i wanted to believe him though he wasn't the first one to tell me that.

"Now what?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Sky asked his hands one holding my hand the other still stroking my cheek.

"What are we gonna do? Still friends?" I asked.

"You're more than a friend to me Maria. I...." Sky was cut off by Jacob crying and running towards me.

"Maria that guy hit me." I looked up to where he was pointing. There stood a guy who seemed to be at least 2 years older than Jacob with dark hair and freckles.

"Fine lets see what had happened." I said grabbing Jacob's hand as we walked over to the guy.

"Hi!" I said

"What do you want? And why are you back?" The guy asked looking at Jacob who was trembling by my side.

"Excuse me do you mind...." I was cut off by a tall guy probably the brother of the small one.

"Hey hottie why are you talking to my brother?" The tall guy asked.

"Hey are you his brother?" I asked looking at the tall guy who seemed scary with all his piercings and tattoos. I wouldn't mind tattoos but the piercings were really unattractive.

"Yeah i am what's up?" He asked moving closer towards me until i felt at unease. Jacob was hiding behind my leg frowning.

"Your brother hit mine, do you mind asking him to say that he's sorry?" I asked slightly trying to move backwards.

"Yeah i mind it except if... I get a kiss?" The tall brother asked hugging my waist and pushing me towards him.

"What the fuck you asshole!" I said trying to push him away but it was clearly useless knowing that he had a tight grip around me.

"No babe don't bother plus its just a kiss."he said smirking. Before i knew what i was doing, I hit him full force in the jaw. Before he could realise what had happened, a punch came into his face and then another, suddenly I noticed that Sky was the one who was hitting him. They both got into a bad state, sky's lip was bleeding and there was a cut next to his right eyebrow while the other looked totally deformed.

"Sky let go." I said pulling him back off the other guy.

"Let's go please" I said holding his hand and Jacob's and walking towards our table grabbing our stuff and leaving. I drove over to Sky's house in silence.

"I don't want to go home. She cant see me like that." He said referring to his mom.

"Fine! Jacob can you go home and tell Chris that Sky and I will be back in like 3 hours?" I asked.

"Okay thank you Maria." He said wrapping his arms around my neck. Jacob got out of the car and went home closing the door behind him.

"Thanks for what you have done." I said not looking at Sky.

"Yeah anytime." I looked at Sky and he looked disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him
"What's wrong? You want to know what's wrong?" sky asked looking angry. "You never realise what i do to you i always... Nevermind."

What happened next in the car was something I would've never expected. sky told me something huge i was scared to hear.