Chapter 1: In court

"So we need your decision your mom or your dad?" All eyes were on me while mine were on my soaked jeans.

"I choose..." Both my mom and my dad looked at me with fear evident in their eyes holding their breaths, as i felt my brother's hard gaze on me.

"I choose... No one" i said. Everybody in court gasped at me.

"What do you mean to say?" The judge asked me.

"I choose neither." I answered my voice barely audible.

"I have a solution" the judge said happy "you can stay one week at your mom's and the other at your dad's you want that?"

My mom looked at me disagreement evident in her eyes. My dad looked at both me and the judge hope and excitement giving colours to his cheeks and last, my brother was frowning at me.

"So?" The judge asked.

"Okay" i said.

"Okay what?" My brother asked sarcastically.

"Okay i agree I'll go one week here and the other there."

"Are you nuts?" My brother asked me.

"Please do not interfear" the judge told my brother making him shut up and for that i am grateful.

"In the name of the law i declare you divorced each free of the other and for Joseph the older son a life in France and for Maria the younger daughter a double life that is a week at her mom's house and the other at her dad's starting at her mom's. You are dismissed." And he hit the hammer.

Everybody started chatting and clearing the court.

"What did you do?" My brother hissed at me.

"I took the right decision" i fired back.

"You want to live with him after all he had done?"

"Yes"

"you're a psycho" my brother said walking away to his car. My dad appeared in front of me suddenly

"thank you so much maria for your decision i..."

"Pause" i said cutting him mid sentence "my decision does not mean that i forgave you... far from it. Are we clear about that?" He nodded his face falling. "Good. I'll see you next week" i said leaving him standing there. It was the first time i ever talked to my dad since the incident.

*flashback*
It all happened on a friday night. I was coming back from my swimming lesson earlier than usual and that was when i spotted my dad kissing a woman in her car, then leaving to enter his.

I was paralysed i couldn't drive any further as i watched the man i loved so much betray his own family. After some minutes of shock, i drive home. As usual my dad greeted me with a warm smile but unlike any other day i didn't let him kiss me as i went up the stairs to my room and locked myself in it for the rest of the night.

After several nights of restless sleep and sufferings, i decided to tell my mom but i didn't know how. That night, my dad was trying to talk to me as if everything was alright i flipped

"Dad stop acting all innocent for God's sake i know what you've done" within seconds the colour drained from his face

"I'm leaving I'm not hungry" i said standing up

"No sit" my mom ordered and i complied

"i wanna know what you're talking about" she said staring at me

"ask your husband mom, concerning me i have nothing to say to him" i said this time leaving.

"What's She talking about Dany?" Mom asked my dad.