Chapter 41: You don't talk Anymore

"Okay doc you have to fix this. Like you are obliged to fix it. Do something I don't know I can't lose the three most important years of my life like that." I say still sobbing lightly.

"I'm sorry I can't do anything. A good way in order to be able to remember is to actually try to live the life you are used to live. That is, I need you to go back home after the tests I perform on you and then I need you to try to remember your surroundings. You too sir Jason, I need you to help her remember. Maybe some kind of memory in the house or..." I cut him off.

"Wait wait, you want me to go home with a total stranger." I say. "Are you mad?" I ask him.

"No he's a stranger to you know but a few days ago, he was your husband." The doctor says. "Plus don't you want to remember? That's the only way." The doctor added.

I tried to glance in Jason's direction and I can say that I've got taste. He's not half as beautiful as Sky but he's fine. He's got golden hair, with blue eyes. His jaw wasn't that defined but he did have arm muscles. All in all he was fine...

"...now let's go." I didn't even bother listening to what the doctor said.

"Wait I need to talk to my dad."

"No baby that's not possible." Jason replied. I stiffened at the mention of baby. Married or not in my head I'm Sky's girlfriend.

"And why not?" I ask him.

"You cut all bonds with him a couple of years ago." Jason replied. My eyes widened.

"Why did I do that?" I ask him. Jason mentioned to the doctor as if he's not supposed to talk in front of him.

"What about Yasmine, Sky... I surely mentioned those names." I say.

"Yeah you refer to Yasmine as a bitch and Sky passed after your crash. People told me that he threw you out the window and fell off the cliff alone with the car." I feel a ball forming in my throat and stomach. My eyes watered. Sky's dead. The only person I loved in my life is dead. Why would I refer to Yasmine as a bitch? What the fuck happened to my life? I tried to silence my cries as my entire body was shaking.

"So I cant talk to Yasmine?" I ask. Jason simply shakes his head.

"You don't talk anymore." He says.

"Let's go." The doctor said slowly again as he helped me into a wheelchair and out the room.

*a few hours later, Maria's out of the hospital and back home with Jason.*

"Welcome home darling." Jason said as he opened the door to a mansion.

The house was huge and everything screamed I'm-fucking-expensive. As I was sitting down, i made sure to not affect the couch in any way.

"Welcome back Mrs. Maria we hope you're doing fine." A whole staff of housekeepers came and stood in front of me as the leader spoke.

"Aww thank you Guys." I say making then all slightly frown as I smile at them.

"You're not supposed to be nice to the staff" Jason murmured in my ear.

"Oh really and why not?" I murmur back.

"Because that's what you always did." He replies.

"Yeah right." I say. I clear my throat. "I mean thank you. You may get back to your work." I say coldly.

Once they leave I look at Jason for encouragement but he has his phone in his hands.

"Okay now what? What if you try to tell me more about yourself? i might remember something. I mean how we met and stuff." I asked.

"Oh sure." Jason says. "We met in... A caffè." He seemed a little bit off but I wont judge.

"Okay" i say.

"You were sitting there sipping your coffee alone and I couldn't help but come and talk to you. We had lots of fun then you agreed to see me again and thats it." He says.

Cliché much? I smile at him.

"Im gonna go do some stuff. You just go around the house a little and I'll see you later." Jason was about to leave before I stopped him.

"Wait do I have a car?" I ask. Jason throws the keys at me and smiles.

"Don't get yourself in trouble." He orders. I nod.

Once he's out of the house I stand up.

"Okay let's get this memory functioning again." I say to myself.