Chapter 6: Lies and Lies

Sky in the attachment at the side.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
I headed over to my locker placing my book in it, then took out my biology and philosophy books as i locked the locker and headed to the cafeteria.

On my way there, I heard someone call me and once i turned around I spotted Sky.

"Hey! You know you don't have to tutor me." Sky said.

"Yeah I do." I said trying to walk away.
He moved his arm in front of my body blocking my way.

"So your not gonna tutor me?" He asked confused.

"I never said that." I said not looking in his eyes.

"Then what?" he asked lowering his body slightly to look me in the eye. I looked up at him

"do YOU want a tutor Sky?" I asked putting extra emphasis on the You part.

"No... Hell no but i don't have any other choice." He said looking away.

"Then its settled" I said. "I'll be tutoring you."

"Okay? When and where?" He asked me.

"I don't know but my house is not an option."

"Why not?"

"Because" i paused for some seconds not knowing what to say. "We're moving so we can't sit and focus with all the noise. So my house is not really an option." I said glad that I found a suitable lie.

"Okay... I'm not sure if you can come to my house either. So library?" He asked me.

"Library at 5 don't be late." I said heading to the cafeteria again.

Once I entered the cafeteria, I spotted Chris, and Jason sitting at our normal table.

"Hey guys." I said greeting them.

"Heyy" Chris replied giving me a tight hug. Jason just nodded.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He replied as he looked towards someone behind me. I looked towards where he's looking and spotted a guy wearing a football uniform all happy and giddy. When the guy saw that both Jason and I were looking at him he gave Jason the finger then turned around to show him his shirt with the number 10 on it.

"With my extremely low knowledge about football i know that 10 is actually the captains number no?" Jason nodded looking defeated.

"Okay its either you tell me what's wrong or I'll go ask them." I said not happy that one of my new friends is not in a good mood.

"You have 3 seconds. 3... 2... 1...." Jason didn't bulge.

"Okay" I said as i turned on my heal to leave.

"No wait" he said standing up and catching my wrist. "Please don't go I'll tell you but don't ask them." I nodded sitting next to Chris.

"So...?"

"I didn't get accepted as captain of the team." There was a short pause.

"Well in fact I was going to be captain this year but then suddenly, this new guy came in and decided to run for captain. I thought he didn't have a a chance against me and i was right until... As we were playing, he tried to push me; I maintained my balance but directly attacked him and thus, got into real trouble so they gave him my position as captain." I was silent for a few moments.

"Your school sucks at sports anyways. It's very unfair. I get a shoulder dislocation and bam I have no chance to get into swimming team."

"Wow break, you didn't make it?" Chris asked me his eyes piercing into mine.

"No I got a shoulder dislocation before I could arrive to the end and eventually the captain decided I wasn't good enough." I said playing with my food.

"Eat!" Jason ordered me.

"I am." I tell him.

"No you're not, your picking at your food." He fired back "the last thing i could use right now is anything bad happening to you." I smiled warmly, both Chris and Jason were like older brothers to me.

School ended fast. I drove Jason home giving him moral support; and made a deal with Chris that I'm driving with him the next day.

Once i got home the hard truth hit me, i was supposed to go at my dad's the next day, it was Friday and the judge made it clear that each Friday I leave one of my parent's house to go to the other's.

I texted Chris asking him to call me as soon as possible since I knew he had basketball practice. Once again, I roamed around the house searching for my mom who was MIA. I decided to call her.

"Hey mom"

"hey sweety" she answered on the third ring.

"Where are you mom?" I questioned her.

"I'm out with a friend why is there a problem?" She asked clearly not caring about if I was facing a problem or not.

"Yes I... Never mind I'll be at the library if you need anything." I said hanging up before she could talk again. I wanted to scream at her for not being home, for not waiting for me but then again, she's not obliged to. I drove over to the library and got out.

It was still 4:30 so i had enough time to get ready before Sky arrived. I started to work on my homework as the time flew by and before I knew it, the chair facing mine was pushed back and Sky collapsed in it.

"Hey" he said

"hi" I answered smiling slightly.

"What's wrong"? Sky asked me.

"Nothing why?" And here comes my second lie in one day.

"You seem off." He said looking concerned though I was sure as hell that he wasn't.

"Im fine thank you. Now let's get started."

We began to study Chemistry and much to my surprise, Sky was a bright student, he understood everything real fast. Half way through the chapter, Chris called me.

"Sorry do you mind if I take this its urgent?" I asked Sky.

"Sure" he replied writing on his copybook.

"Hey Chris" I said getting up and moving a few steps away from Sky.

"Hey is everything alright?" He asked worried.

"Yeah I'm fine I was wondering if I could come and take you tomorrow and not the opposite cause I have to do something after school and I have swimming training out side of school anyways..."

"Yeah okay sure, I'll see you tomorrow. Take care of yourself for me." He said and I smiled.

"I will" I said hanging up.

"Okay sorry where were we?" I said sitting down next to Sky.

"Your taking swimming courses outside of school" he asked his eyes never leaving the paper in front of him.

"Yeah I've always been taking them." I reply feeling stressed and guilty for some reason.

"Galvanic cells."

"What?"

"We stopped at galvanic cells" he replied his green eyes grazing mine.

"Oh yeah okay so..." After another hour, we were good to go.

"Yeah so thanks." Sky said.

"You're welcome. Want a ride?" I asked Sky.

"No I have my motorcycle thank you though." He said leaving towards his motorcycle as I turned away.

"Hey i need your number." he said making me turn around. He walked over to me and handing me his phone. I typed in my number and gave the phone back.

"Thanks again." And this time we both walked our separate ways to our respective engines.