Chapter 17: The Competition

Sky was standing directly behind me.

"Thats the least you could say." I replied as my entire body shook.

"Come on guys" my dad said peeking his head inside.

Ever since i was a child my parents wanted me to become an athlete of any kind. They tried with ballet when i was three but i just wasn't a ballet girl. Then we tried ice skating dance i was awesome at it but something happened and i stopped. Our last shot was swimming and up till now it went perfectly well except for the shoulder dislocations.

We walked out of the house Maya at my right and Sky at my left. Suddenly two strong arms pulled me backwards by my waist.

"I missed you so much!" A deep voice said sending chills down my spine. It was Jason. Lately I've been fearing that he might be attracted to me.

"I missed you too Jay." I said patting his arms around my waist.

"Let go! I wanna hug her too." Chris said.

"Thank God you guys are finally here. Did you get what i told you to?" My dad asked.

"Yes sir thanks in advance its really a great idea." Chris said politely.

"No thank you for coming." My dad said. "Come on guys well have to split."

"Dad why are all those people here? And what were you guys talking about what did Chris get with him?" I asked my dad when i was sure no one was able to hear us talking.

"Because why not!" He answered smiling proudly.

"You know" i said my voice low.

"Don't worry what happened last time wont happen again. Just take care of yourself out there and you'll be fine."

What happened last time is that i actually put too much effort into the competition that i lost my energy and lost consciousness. I was scared that it might happen again but my dad seemed quite cool so i decided to be as well or at least to try to.

We got separated into several cars. Maya became fast friends with everyone including Jamie which pissed me off for some reason.

My dad made sure to make me eat something before i got to the stadium.

There Robert was waiting for me smiling widely.

"Hey champion how are you doing?"

"Stressed. You?" I asked.

"Im great and i believe in you so don't worry just go quick some ass." I smiled at him. "Now get into your swimming suit were gonna warm you up a little." I looked behind me, dad walked everybody to the stairs were they all sat down.

I could spot Sky sitting next to Chris rolling his eyes at whatever Jason was saying.

Brandon was on his other side as he talked to Maya.

And then next to Maya were seated Sam then Paul her boyfriend and last her friends. I was about to dive into the pool when someone poked my shoulder.

"Hey you're in our school no?" I saw the girl that won the position in our school's team when my shoulder got dislocated.

"Hi! Yes i am." I said smiling.

"Your in which team?" She asked me.

"I'm not in a team I'm a solo."

Being a solo in swimming is hard since normally the swimmers in teams would permute while in my case id be doing all the challenges which could be very tiring.

"Wow well then good luck." The girl said skipping away.

I turned around to spot Robert talking to someone.

"Good evening i would like to welcome everybody here to our annual swimming competition were only the best of the best gets to win." Everybody started to cheer as i clapped my hands not really interested since i hear the same thing each and every single year.

The person introducing the games continued by stating all of our names. A growl of cheers was heard when they said my name coming from my family and friends and from other people who like to watch the game.

Last year was a real disappointment i didn't get any trophy while the year before i won 3.

"Style swimmers get ready." I got ready getting on my tiny podium. I was number 6 the very middle of the people around me.

"On your mark.... Get set... Go." The whistle was blown as number one jumped in making a figure.

Number two followed making a more complicated one.

Number 3 jumped next making a very simple figure we were taught when we began swimming.

Number 4 tripped and missed her shot making me feel bad for her. I didn't pay attention to number 5 as i positioned myself.

Once she left the pool safely i jumped real high making a triple flip in the air then straightened my body as much as possible and dived in.

I could hear the cheers from where i was under the water. What wasn't expected is that my move still wasn't done. I curved my body surfacing again. With the force i had, my move consisted of three flips diving in, curving my body in half a circle under the water then getting back out to make one backflip above the water and diving back in my body straight.

Thats exactly what happened and Robert clapped with all his force whistling and cheering.

My friends and dad along with Jamie were all standing up as the guy with the micro started to yell "fascinating number 6 really terrific she calls it the comeback." I smiled getting out. All the others passed by.

"Next, the 50m sprint." The guy said. "Please dear sprinters take your positions." I got back up on my podium.

"Before we begin i would like everybody to give it up for numbers 6 and 9 who are performing solos." I smiled as everyone cheered.

"On your mark." I closed my eyes inhaling.

"Get set" i felt the water calling me to it.

"And go..." As usual my legs hopped in. I sprinted as fast as possible trying to focus on making the correct movements. The bad part about swimming is that you can never see where the opponents are.

I reached the end making a flip under water and swam on my back. Unlike what people thought, this movement helped accelerate my body but the danger of getting a shoulder dislocation increased with it.

I reached the end and was trying to catch my breath again.

"Ranking first number 9, ranking second number 6, and ranking third number 2" that was the girl representing my new school.
I swam out of the pool slightly disappointed. I promised myself i will rank first in the 100m even if i will get a shoulder dislocation. I was wrapping a towel around my head when i saw her waking towards my dad. My mom came to watch....