Chapter 29: Back at My Mom's

Daniel in the attachment by the side!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once i reached my mom's house my tears had dried and i only had red eyes.
I parked my car and went out grabbing my handbag before shutting the door swiftly.

I sighed and then took in a deep sigh ringing. After a few seconds, my mom's boyfriend opened the door.

"Hey!" He said way too cheerfully for my liking.

"Hi." I replied stepping in.

"What no hug?" The man asked. I frowned.

"No" i replied as anger flashed in his eyes. I threw him a challenging look making him shut up.

I walked to the living room. I spotted my mom sprawled on the couch with a glass of alcohol in her hand and laughing alone.

"Hi." I said making her look at me.

"Ouuuu hellowww how are youu houhouhou." And she laughed again.
Oh great the bastard got her drunk.

After a few seconds, the bell door rang again.

"Ill take it." I ran to the door and opened it. A guy was revealed. He had a bag hanging from his hand. Biceps and dark hair and eyes.

"Hi." He said serious.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"David's son." He said as if I'm supposed to understand. "Daniel?" He asked as if his name should remind me of something.
I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I don't know any Daniel let alone a David."

"Im David nice to meet you." My mom's boyfriend stood behind me his hand pushed for me to take.
I frowned for a second and then realisation hit me.

"You have a son?" My eyes widened.

"Yeah... Your mom and I went through the divorces at the same time. Took me quite a little to let Diana agree with postponing the divorce a little." Both Daniel and I were frowning at David.

"What?" He asked looking between the two of us.

"I hate you." Daniel hissed before getting into the house and up the stairs. I followed behind. All i wanted was to get into my room and lock myself the entire week.

After around 1 hour my stomach growled. I was starving.
I walked by my mom's bedroom to hear her laughter and other awkward sounds.
I basically ran past it and into the kitchen. There was standing Daniel, a shirt hugging his body and leaning on the wall.
I walked past him not really acknowledging him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me as I opened the fridge.

"I'm starving." I simply replied.

"What are you going to eat?" He asked. I shut the fridge door after grabbing a pasta sauce from there.

"Pasta i guess." I said.

"Mind if I join?" He asked rubbing his neck. I was shocked at first that he asked that but then i nodded feeling my features softening.

"Sure." I said as i placed the pasta on the fire to boil.

We stood there in silence for a few minutes the tension building until Daniel spoke again.

"So... How long are you staying here?" He asked me.

"Till next friday." I said as i mixed the pasta.

"Mmm... So i guess we have the same deal with the court. 1week here the next there switching on fridays?" He asked. I nodded annoyed that he would be here each time I'm here.

"Guess our parents made sure of that." I said frowning.

Sky was all i could really focus on. Lately its been either I'm too angry with my mom or I'm too disappointed and hurt about Sky.

Daniel hummed in response looking out the window after sitting on one of the stools.

After a few minutes, my mom came down the stairs.

"Ohhhhh you guys are bonding? I can feel the loove orrrrr... Feel the magic in the air allez allez allez..." She sang and then erupted in laughter. Daniel smirked as i frowned really thinking about how fucked up my life is.

"Come here apple pie." David called.

"Coming!" My mom replied running upstairs.

"Apple pie?" Daniel asked in a whisper probably talking to himself as he voiced my thoughts. I shook my head removing the pasta from the fire. I threw the water into the sink and divided the pasta in two then realised it was too much so i removed some from my plate placing them in Daniel's.

"You want sauce or ketchup?" I asked him.

"Both please." He said. I frowned but did what he asked.

I placed both our mixed plates on the table and added salt to mine.

"What school do you go to?" Daniel asked as i waited a little and answered him.

"And you?" I asked.

"Im in university. By the way i still don't know what's your name."

"Maria." I replied. He nodded and we finished eating silently placing our empty plates in the sink.

"Well then... Goodnight." Daniel said and walked up the stairs. I looked around to notice that everything was messy and being the person that I am I started cleaning. The cons of having OCD. After two hours i had the entire house cleaned and everything back in it's place except for my mom's bedroom and the guest room.

I walked to my room and went to take a bath then got in bed.

This week is gonna be a long one I can tell.