Chapter 15: Confessions.

Brandon in the attachment by the side!
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
I sat there behind the wheel of the car playing with my fingers. I knew exactly what he meant. Sky was trying to do everything to make me realise that I am special for him but i just wouldn't dare admit it to myself.

"Im sorry" i said my voice low as i stared at my lap. "I never wanted to be that weak person but life has been tough on me. First my brother left for France leaving me behind to struggle in this life alone without a friend then Maya came along, she was the only good thing in my life back then. Then came the cancer risk. After it, my dad started to come home late, sometimes even drunk and it kept going till the day i realised he was cheating on mom. That was the biggest shock i got. After it came the divorce and the whole one week here the second there. Do you think its easy to live one week in a house alone with only your mother and then the other week with an entire family? I met you guys and that was really great. I couldn't believe the fact that you accepted my personality the way it became. I became that secretive, mysterious person. I was always fun and optimistic; always made the people around me smile or laugh, now all I know what to do is make then run away from me like Maya for instance. I haven't seen her for quite a long time. I just... I can't bare have people angry with me anymore so please don't be because someday i will explode and the day i will, I'll run away and i don't feel like leaving here." Sky looked at me with pity.

"You're looking at me with pity. See i told you you wouldn't be able to hold yourself." I said running my fingers through my hair as I looked away.

"Maria look at me." Sky ordered. I turned my face to look at him.

"I don't give a fuck about what you just said. I think its quite obvious for both of us that you do not keep me indifferent." Sky looked hot as hell. Even with the scars on his face he looked great. He frowned as he touched the one next to his eyebrow.

"There!" I grabbed a tissue paper and pressed it on the scar next to his brow. He didn't flinch.

"Doesn't it hurt??" I asked as i pressed on it.

"Like hell." He said still looking indifferent as he stared into my eyes. "but I like the view in front of me so I won't close my eyes for even a second."
I ran my finger through his scar. He grabbed it in his hand pulling it down.

"Don't! it hurts too much that way." He said hugging my hand to his chest.

"Fine let's go." I said removing my hand slowly and turning the keys making my car roar to life. We drove rather silently, the music pouring out the radio was low and Sky seemed to keep an eye on me. Once we got to my mother's place, i got out.

"Come on" i told Sky.

"No I'd rather her not see my face." He said smiling.

"Don't be ridiculous. Come out or I won't get my medicine. Plus she's probably not home i told her I'll get them tomorrow."

"Fine" sky said getting out of the car. I opened the front door using my keys.

"Mom!" I called. There was ruffling and thudding up the stairs. I walked up gesturing for sky to follow silently. We walked up the stairs and once We reached the top, I entered my mom's room to find her in bed with some guy covering up her body.

My mouth hung open, as tears filled my eyes. I turned on my heel walked to my room grabbed all the boxes of medicine I had on my night table and shoved them into my purse.

"Maria" my mom called from inside. "please wait darling let me explain." I got out of the room and as if on cue, she grabbed my arm. I yanked her away.

"Leave me alone. How dare you?" I asked as venom poured out of my mouth. I ran down the stairs and got into the car. Sky was on my heal. He got into the car and I sped off leaving my mother crying on the shoulder of that stranger.

I drove fast getting part of my anger out. I passed red lights, drove over speed... Tears we're running down my cheeks. I was fed up of crying I really was. I stopped once i reached an ocean shore. The sun was falling down slowly and the mood matched mine dark and sad.

I got out of the car and collapsed on my knees once I reached the point between the water and the sand letting my tears flow freely. My entire body was shaking. The wind against my face made me shiver more than i previously was.

After a few seconds, i heard the door of my car being shut as Sky came and sat next to me. He placed his arm around my shoulder pushing me towards his chest as he lied down and I with him crying my heart out. He kept on rubbing my back until i stopped crying. The second I quit crying, i called Maya.

"Maya i need you right now." I said still lying on Sky's chest.

"Come to my dad's place today at around 10." I said hanging up.

"Feeling better?" Sky asked me still playing with my hair.

"Not at all" i said grabbing his shirt in my fist. His arms snaked around my body gathering me up.

"I'm so sorry baby." He said pressing a kiss on the top of my head butterflies erupted in my stomach as I pressed my lips to his jaw.

"Thank you Sky. You're really great." I said sitting up straight. Sky gave me an apologetic smile before his thumb brushed my cheek removing the tears from my face.

"Where are we going now?" Sky asked as he got up and helped me up.

"You home, me swimming practice. Tomorrow's my competition. Can you come by the way?" I asked pleading. Sky seemed like he was going to tell me that he can't but then he smiled at me.

"Sure I'll be there." And this partially lightened up my mood.

"Thanks" i said Sky smiled. "For everything." I continued staring at the horizon.

"Maria... I don't want to go home can I go to swimming practice with you?" Sky asked looking at me.

"Umm... It's a 2 hour practice you sure you want to watch?" I asked disbelief evident in my voice.

"Yes!" Sky smiled sheepishly. I looked at the clock.

"Fuck! Anyways we don't have time to pass by our houses." I drove real fast and a smile was plastered on my face as I recalled how Chris acted in my car. We got to swimming practice and as usual coach Robert wasn't a merciful person. He made me swim the entire pool back at forth 10 times only for warming up. He gave me a 10minute break in both hours while Sky sat there pouting clearly bored.

"Sky you can go home if you want and come back to get me." I said wrapping the towel around me.

"No way! He's gonna kill you with those exercises!!" He said referring to Robert.

"Yeah! Don't you do that with your team?" i asked him.

"I'm only captain in winter. In summer i take over the football team." Sky said as he opened up a bottle of water and handed it to me.

"Thanks" i gulped it down.

"Maria... Come on end of break." Robert said. I sighed standing up and unwrapping my towel from around my shoulders.

"3....close your eyes and feel..." Robert began.

"The pull of the water i got it!!" Ever since I'm 7 he tells me this sentence.

"Come on now." Robert said smiling.

"3... Close your eyes and feel the pull of the water. 2... Breathe in deeply. 1... Feel your leg muscles and your entire body craving for the water to wrap around your body and Go!" Robert blew his whistle as i dived into the water.

As much as I hated to admit it, his 3...2...1... And what to do at each interval were really helpful. I swam with all i got hoping that tomorrow i will be proving who i am and become part of the swimming history.