Chapter 25: In Court Again... (1)

I woke up the next day and went by my normal routine. As usual, the housemaid helped me adjust the cloth around my shoulder as i made my way downstairs.

There in the kitchen were seated my dad, Sam, Brandon and Jamie over breakfast and next to my dad was found an empty seat.

"Good morning! What took you so long?" Dad asked me as he patted the seat next to his.

"I... Umm... Trouble with getting dressed and my shoulder." I replied sitting down.

"Oh well we decided to make anew tradition in the family." At the word i stiffened and obviously dad realised as he cleared his throat and continued. "We're gonna be having breakfast together every day."

"Great!" I replied smiling trying to put as much energy as possible in it.

The housemaid handed me a plate of omelette as I thanked her.

"We have great plans for the weekend so once you get back home i need you to pack a bag for three days... All of you and get ready for the weekend of your life." My dad said smiling goofingly.

I ate as Sam and Brandon left to their school and i got in my car.

It was about time i try to drive. I turned the key making my car roar to life. As i was about to start driving, the passenger seat doors opened as Chris and Sky came in. Sky next to me and Chris in the back.

"Hey! We need a ride." Sky said flashing me his breath-taking smile.

Chris came from the back seat and placed a kiss on my cheek as Sky did too bit the later made it last longer as i flushed red.

"Okay good! Like that i wont die alone." I said as i finally began driving.

At first it was hard and i took a lot of time but then i got used to the whole driving with one hand thing and we arrived to school.

All three of us walked to my locker where we found Jason waiting already.

"I was just texting you." Jason said. As he hugged me placing a kiss on my neck and earning a scowl from Sky.

I smiled at Jason as I grabbed my stuff.

The bell rang and each of us headed to his class. Sky never leaving my side and standing as a barrier between me and Jason.

We got into Chemistry Lab and i spotted Aaron frowning.

"Good morning Aaron the smart guy." I said smirking.

"Did you check your chemistry grade?" Aaron asked me.

"No why?" I asked frowning.

"Because you got..." Aaron was cut off by the teacher.

"An A." She continued smiling as she handed me my paper. I smiled proud.

"How much did u get?" I asked Aaron.

"As much as he got." Aaron replied pointing at Sky who was sitting in his seat not really caring about our conversation.

"Im proud of you Mr. Lambert." The teacher said. As she smiled at me approvingly. Sky smiled back and then looked at me.

"Thank you!" He said as he hugged me.

I leaned over him as I looked at his grade. He got an A-.

"Thats great! Im proud of you too." I told Sky as we all sat down Aaron not talking to me.

Halfway through the session, our principal knocked on the door and talked to our teacher real low.

"Maria the principal would like to talk to you." The teacher said smiling poorly at me.

I frowned and exchanged glances with Sky.

"Okay..." I got up and went out of the classroom.

The principal was standing there waiting for me.

"Good morning." I said as my body shook.

"Good morning sweetheart. I'm sorry to inform you that you have to go to court. Your session there begins in 1 hour exactly."

"Court?" I asked shocked. "Why?"

"I don't know these are the directions i received. The judge asked to let you out and make you go to court."

I frowned then nodded. "Okay thank you." I said getting back into class and grabbing all of my belongings.

"You're leaving?" The teacher asked.

"Yeah i have to." I smiled poorly at her.

"Where are you going?" Sky whispered to me grabbing my wrist.

"I'll tell you later." I replied. " Don't leave with Chris I'll come and get you." Sky nodded still frowning.

I got out of the class and made my way through the empty corridors to the exit of the school. I had no time to pass by my house and dress in something decent for court so i just went there in my large hoodie and black jeans.

I drove over to court racking my mind for a reason to go there. I called my dad but he sent me a message saying that he's in a meeting.

Once i reached the court, i locked my car and went out my bag on my shoulder. I reached the receptionist and waited till she finished her call.

"Hi! I'm Maria Steel. You asked for me?" I asked not really knowing what to say.

"Oh yes everybody's waiting for you. Go to the second floor and turn right. 4th door." She said answering another call.

I thanked the woman and she smiled back at me still on the phone. I followed directions and reached a huge hall.

The judge was seated and smiled at me once I entered.

"Please have a seat." He gestured to the right side of the room. As i walked to the very front i spotted my mom and her boyfriend and... a lawyer?
What the fuck is happening?

I frowned. But took a seat anyways.

"Do you have any idea why you're here?" The judge asked me.

"No." I replied.

"Do you know what happens when someone tries to change in what the court decides?" I shook my head no again.

"Do you have any lawyer we can contact to come and take your defence?" The man asked.

"I have no one to contact." I said. "My mom is here, my dad's in a meeting and my brother's in France." I waited for a brief moment. "But i might have someone i could contact for help." i knew this was a bad idea but i wanted to watch my mom suffer and thus, I dialed the number in my mind.