Chapter 43: That's Not Who I Am!

I waited for a few seconds immobile on the floor. Did my so called husband really hit me? I look up to him to find him staring at me with what seemed like regret.

Within seconds I was on my legs again. I pushed him away with all my force and left the room before he could process what had happened.

"Wait Maria!" I heard him shout after me.

"Four and ten come here in this fucking second." I yell at the two girls that I could say I know right now and run up stairs with them on my heal.

"I need you to pack my bags as fast as possible as I try to keep that monster of a husband I have away from me. Go." I tell them once we reach my room. They position themselves ten by the closet putting my clothes in a bag and four in the toilet putting my lipstick and creams in another bag. I stood in front of the banging door trying to keep it closed.

"Faster!!!" I yelled at the two girls who seemed to work at a lighting's speed.
Once both suitcases were closed, I let Jason in.

"What the fuck?" He asks once he spots the suitcases. "What's happening?" He looks me in the eye.

"Move." I order as I pass by him with one of the suitcases as four and ten held my second suitcase.

"Four and ten if you walk one more step you are both fired." Jason yelled.
Ten tried to continue her way down with me as four gave her a look as if saying think again.

"Ten and four come down the stairs and pack your bags I'm taking you with me anyways." I tell them as they both share a look then stare at me before glancing at Jason who looked beyond shocked.

I raised an eyebrow challenging him as the two girls passed by me and down the stairs to do as I ordered.

"You can't be serious!" Jason said in a mere whisper.

"How stupid did you think I was?? In 2 minutes I was able to tell that you have an affair going with that bitch downstairs. Did you think i wouldn't notice??" I ask him.

"Who told you?" He asked venom dripping from his eyes.

"I have a copybook I keep with me as a diary... That's how." I didn't want to put ten in trouble so I had to lie.

"You are the kind of person who gives your servants numbers as names. I dare you to tell me the truth. Didn't you take advantage of the fact that i have a three year back amnesia??" I ask him.

Jason nods once he realises that he's been cornered.

"I figured so..." I say turning on my heal and grabbing my bags and walking away.

"Wait don't you want to hear the truth?" He asks.

"I'll figure it out on my own but for now i need you to send me the papers for our divorce." I say and with that i walk out of the house with ten and four behind me.

Once we get into the car I start to drive. Ten was seated next to me and four behind me.

"Okay for starters" i say "I'm Maria and I expect you to call me that. Second of all what are your real names. And third how do we leave this fucking mansion??" I asked once i realised I'm turning in circles.

"From here mam." Ten says "i mean Maria." She corrects pointing to an exit I didn't see before.

"Right." I reply as I drive out.

"Okay four's name is Penelope while mine is Stacey." Ten says smiling.

"Well nice to meet you two anyways where can we go?? Did anyone of you hear me talk about a certain Yasmine or Sky?" I say hoping for the best.

"Maria this is the first time in our entire life you actually talk to us like human beings and not some chairs." Penelope says.

"So you mean you don't know those people." I reply. "Fine I'm gonna try to drive to my old house, my father's to be more precise. Sky used to live next door." Once we arrive i see that the street hasn't changed one bit which lights a candle in my heart then I directly walk to Sky's door step and knock. No answer. I knock again and a familiar face opens the door for me.

"Maria?" The voice asks then he draws me into his arms as I hug him tight. My best friend is here everything will be fine.

"Chris! I need you to tell me everything that happened in the last three years of my existence I don't remember shit." I tell him. He frowns at me then says.

"Why don't you remember what happened? Plus I cant I have a meeting in an hour and I'm already late."

"Please Chris I beg you." I say.

"Im sorry babe. But it was great seeing you again." he says.

"Fine where's Sky? or Yasmine?" I ask

"Yeah i could give you Yasmine's home address she's married now you know to Daniel." Chris says closing the door behind him and locking it.

*************
One hour later I'm parked in front of Yasmine's house.

"Okay wait right here I will be back I promise." I say and run to the door.

"I ring the bell and wait impatiently." A small fellow comes and opens the door for me.

"Hey you." I say bending to be eye level with the kid. "What's your name?" The guy frowns at me then runs into the house.

"Okay." I say. Before I could move, Yasmine comes and stands before me she looked beyond shocked.

"Maria?" She says. "But how?? Why?" She asks me.

"We need to talk Yasmine I really need a friend right now."

"I'm no longer your friend." Yasmine says looking away. My eyes water as I hear her say that.

"Yeah! I guess i bitched good for all of you to not want to talk to me. Anyways umm... Nice house and cute kid. I guess I'm just gonna...." I ramble as I point to the car behind me. I look up to see Yasmine crying too.
I turn on my heal and walk away brushing my tears with the back of my hand.

That's it I wont ever know what had happened to me. This is the end I will have to start a new life from zero.