Chapter 27: Can It Get Any Worse?

As i parked into the school's parking lot, i was exasperated. I've been angry the entire drive not one teardrop falling as i was thinking about everything in my head.

I locked my car and adjusted my bag on my shoulder as I made my way inside. I walked over to the cafeteria but before I could make it there, i thought i might need to pass by my locker. I got there and grabbed the books that I needed for the rest of the day.

I closed my locker door slightly as i was walking towards the cafeteria again; but before i could do it there, i saw Sky with a girl who looked one year younger than us talking about something as she laughed.

The girl looked beautiful light brown hair, green eyes, freckles... For some reason the view broke me. Of course i wasn't his girlfriend or anything but last night he was kissing me and now...

I frowned as i passed by them trying to use my hair to shield me, but failed miserably.

"Maria." Sky called me. I turned to look at him. "Hey?" He said frowning.

"Hi." I replied and turned away.

For some reason i was angry with him and i felt... Jealous?

"I'll see you tonight?" He asked. The girl next to him frowned. "For the chemistry sessions?" he continued.
The girl smiled again placing a hand on his bicep.

I watched her move then looked up at her to see her smirking. "I don't think you need my help anymore you're doing great." I said as i watched his eyes fill with hurt.

"Okay can we talk for a minute?" He asked moving away from the girl next to him.

"No i have nothing to talk to you about." I said looking away from him to not change my mind. I turned around and headed to the cafeteria.

I sat next to Chris and Jason who were alone on our table for some reason as I explained all about what had happened. They both said comforting words as Jason scooted closed to me placing an arm around my waist and i leaned in his shoulder feeling like crying but i was quite sure it wasn't about my mom.

My phone suddenly went off as I answered.

"Hello?"i said

"Hi is this Maria Steel?" The woman on the other end asked.

"Yeah.. How can i help you?" I asked.

"You have been convicted previously today to court. I must say it didn't go well for you, you have to go to your mom's place tonight. Sorry sweetheart." I frowned.

"Okay thank you." I ended the call.

"What happened?" Jason asked.

"I'm going to my mom's" i replied.

In this exact moment, Sky came emerging into the cafeteria.

"We need to talk. You and me. Alone." He said.

"No Sky." I replied.

"Please?" He begged.
I sighed standing up as Jason wrapped his arm tighter around my waist keeping me in place.

"Let go!" Sky snarled. Jason didn't seem affected at all.

"Jay let go." I said calmly giving him a kiss on his cheek. He unclenched me shooting daggers at Sky as we both walked out and into the place we first talked in when he first apologised to me.