Chapter 19: No Never!

I woke up in a hospital bed, my shoulder hurt like a bitch and my throat was extremely dry. All i could think about was that i lost... Again. I used to always rank first and now I'm just always last. I pressed on a button causing a nurse to rush to my room.

"You're awake and you called!" She said shocked.

"Yeah i just wanted to inform you that i woke up and that please i need water..." I said not really understanding why she was so shocked that i rang.

"I... Oh my God I'll have to call the doctor." She said looking at me as if I'm some kind of vampire.

She walked backwards towards the door her eyes always on me then tripped over something on the floor. She removed it off the ground and rushed out of the room as I frowned.

"What the fuck?"

I searched for my phone but it was nowhere to be seen. I pushed my bed up to a sitting position.

I was laying there when i found a bottle of water not so far away. I grabbed it and with it an empty plastic cup. I poured myself a full one as i was about to reach for it with my lips, it was snatched from my fingers causing a shocked sound to escape my lips.

"Hey i was drinking that!" I yelled at the guy who took the cup from me.

"You cant drink right now!" The nurse said alarmed and relieved that he caught me.

"Says who?" I asked angry.

The nurse just ignored me pushing my bed out of the room.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked. The nurse ignored me.

"I'm talking to you." I said turning in my bed poking him as he dragged me away from my room. I rolled my eyes once i realised he wont bother answering and lied down my good arm behind my head.

"Your parents are here." The nurse said out of nowhere.

"My mom is here??" I asked disbelief evident in my voice as i jerked up looking at him.

"Yeah isnt she the red-headed woman with your father?" the nurse asked.

"Oh no" i said lying back down. "Thats Jamie my soon to become step-mother." I added disappointed.

"Well if it makes you feel better, your boyfriend didn't leave either."

"Which boyfriend? I'm not dating anyone." I said harshly.

"Well isn't the guy with the brown hair and green eyes your boyfriend?" I shook my head no.

"Well then this guy slept for two nights on your doorstep saying that once you wake up you'll ask for him."

My mind traveled over to Sky imagining him sleeping each and every single night on my door. I actually realised that he was in the back of my mind and the only one i really wanted to see right now.

"Yeah in fact, where is he right now?" I asked the nurse.

"He went home to take a bath and change his clothes as usual." The nurse said "he went each day since you were passed out to change his clothes and take a bath and come back. your dad would get him food and he'd eat but never left your door."

"And for how long exactly was i passed out?" I asked putting air quotes with my good hand in the air.

"2 days" i sighed then asked.

"Can i see him?"

"No at least not now since he's not here. Plus I'm taking you to check on you and the check up requires a medicine that will dose you off for 24 hours."

"No please i don't want to sleep anymore. I beg you don't make me." I begged the nurse.

"Im sorry honey. On the bright side I'm your nurse till you leave from here. My name is john smith if you need anything."

John left the room keeping me alone in a dim lighted room not really finding the bright side about him being my nurse.

I lay down staring at the ceiling thinking about Sky and him staying in front of my room all the time i was there passed out. I missed him.

"Hello! Maria right?" The doctor asked.
I nodded in response.

"Okay well then get ready for a new dose of morphine and 24 new hours of sleep."
I sighed.

"Can i just write down something before you dose me off for someone?" I asked.

The woman nodded handing me a pen and a paper as i wrote down my letter.

'Sky,
I...