Chapter 3: The New One

When the bell rang, Chris and I walked out of class,

"ill walk you to your chemistry lab meet me in the cafeteria once you're done." Chris says smiling at me.

I nod.

While walking we made small conversation and once we got to my room, i turned around to face him.

"Thank you so much for everything." I said hugging him surprising him and myself. He froze for some seconds then his hands snaked around my body

"your welcome" he said "I'll see you later" he said as i watched his tall frame walk away.

I entered the lab and presented my document to the teacher there. Seemed like i had to present a record for each and every single teacher.

She scanned through the papers smiling approvingly. Of course she would approve of my work i was a straight A student in both chemistry and biology.

"Class i want you to meet Maria, she's a new student here and will be continuing her studies with us." Some people smiled others looked like they didn't really give a fuck who i am.

"Okay class pair up." While everybody actually seemed like they had previously chosen their partner i stood there praying that we're an odd number so i could work alone.

"Hey Maria, you guys are odd so you might want to work alone?" The teacher asked giving me a sad smile. I smiled back brightly

"sure, no problem at all" I took a seat at the back as the lecture began.

"Hey pssst" a short guy with round glasses was looking at me "hey you yes"

"me?" I ask him. He nodded hard.

"Yeah? Umm hi" i said not really expecting anyone to talk to me.

"I heard the teacher say you're smart." He said looking all nerdy.

"On a scale from 1 to 10 how smart are you?" I was totally lost. Why was this guy asking me about my smartness

"I... I donno 8 maybe?" I answered not really knowing what to say.

"It's don't know not donno." He said correcting me

"what's your name?" I asked the guy partially annoyed with him

"Aaron, Aaron the smart guy" he said smiling looking nerdier than ever.

"Okay Aaron the smart guy, i need to ace that course so please you're going to have to shut up." I say smiling proudly knowing that I'm pissing him off.

He looked shocked and taken aback as i focused back on the presentation jolting down notes.

The period went by really fast and at some point i looked over at Aaron to realise he was stressed or something trying to focus more than anyone which was really hilarious.

Once i was about to leave the room, the teacher called me.

"You seem like a really smart and sweet student, i would like to ask from you to tutor Sky Lambert, he's a difficult kid and basically failing. If you hadn't noticed which i am sure you didn't he wasn't here today. So please I'm begging you to give it a shot. I tried, Aaron tried, but it never helped. He's so self-centred that he wouldn't admit that he's failing the course. So can you try at least?" She asked plea evident in her eyes.

"Sure, why not! But i have a silly question... Who is Sky Lambert?" I asked.

"I'll make sure he comes to class tomorrow and I'll let you meet him. This is the final chance I'm going to give him in order to improve. If he does then great, if not then I'll have to contact his father."