Requests 9

Parenting 101

TODDLER WARNING

MOBS WARNING

SWEARING WARNING

FLYING WARNING

SLEEP WARNING

Plot: Phil faces the struggles of parenting, and being a good dad for once. (Requested by SCP-PlagueDoctor)

~~~~~~~~~~

Phil wasn't always a bad father. Phil was very good to his children once upon a time. I know, shocking.

Techno had gone off to train with better fighters at the age of 6. Phil was 26 and was at home looking after 2-year-old Wilbur. Phil was having a tough time with the toddler. Wilbur was a crafty kid and always getting into some sort of trouble. Today he had grabbed a knife, fallen off a shelf and gotten stuck in a draw. Phil had no idea how he did any of those things but thankfully the day was nearly over.

The blonde was lying on the couch and Wilbur slept peacefully on his chest hands tangled in the adult's hair. Phil had already died of cuteness and had taken a photo to show Techno. He was now browsing the tv to find something to put on in the background. Phil had given up and dozed off as he was exhausted from the running around the house looking after the toddler. He jolted awake at the cold breeze that leaked through the open door. He got up and shut the door and went to the kitchen to make dinner.

That's when he realised, he was missing something very important. The actual child.

Phil raced around the house searching for the little mischief maker. Then he remembered the door was closed when he was last awake. With shit tons of panic he grabbed his sword racing outside. It was night time and mobs would've already spawned. He noticed the faint footprints in the snow and raced after them. Soon he was deep in the forest and panting heavily.

"WILBUR!" he called out loudly. He had forgotten about the dangers in that moment and only cared about finding his son. Soon he came across a ditch and spotted creeper holes signifying Wilbur had run into danger. He continued slower now and more aware his son was nearby. He heard sobbing and was quick to jump into the scene.

Creepers and spiders had closed in on his son who was crying and holding his knees to his chest. Phil slashed at the mobs and collected Wilbur swiftly spreading his wings. The adult took off quickly and flew as fast as he could to the house in the middle of nowhere. As he arrived Phil went inside and set Wilbur on the couch who was crying less now with the appearance of his adult.

"What hurts mate?" Phil asked holding the boys hands. Wilbur sniffed and took a moment to assess himself as best he could.

"C-Cold," Wilbur whispered. "Sore..." The boy drooped being exhausted from his adventure.

"Okay," Phil rubbed the toddler's little hands with his thumbs. "I'll be right back." Wilbur nodded and Phil entered the kitchen getting some supplies. He grabbed a blanket and some painkillers and went back to the couch. Wilbur was shivering and had closed his eyes. Phil gently put a hand on his head and the younger looked up at Phil. The blonde smiled softly and handed him the liquid. Wilbur drank it quickly as Phil draped the blanket on him.

"Th-Thanks," Wilbur sighed. Phil sat next to him and exhaled heavily. Soon Wilbur had snuggled closer to him, and Phil lay a hand on his son's head. The boy had fallen asleep soon and Phil scooped him up into his arms and gently tip toed upstairs. He lay the boy on his bed and draped the blankets over him.

Phil would never have guessed what he would turn out to be.

~~~~~~~~~~

Friendly Fire