Hospital Trips

FAINTING WARNING

HOSPITAL WARNING

HOSPITAL GEAR WARNING

STUFF LIKE THAT WARNING

Plot: Wilbur starts experiencing symptoms of a chronic condition and his brother is protective

~~~~~~~~~~

Techno recalled his youth. When he was four and his little brother was three. They had been practically inseparable. Their mum was pregnant with their youngest brother, but little Tommy wasn't around when the first one happened.

Him and his little brother were messing around upstairs. They were playing a game of hide and seek and Techno was hiding for the time being. He had hidden downstairs and considering Wilbur thought he was upstairs, Techno figured he'd win.

A soft thud interrupted his thought process, and he stuck his head out of his hiding place. His parents were on the couch watching television and he went upstairs to investigate like the good older brother he is.

"Wil!" he whispered, stalking into their shared room. Wilbur lay on his back, passed out. "Wilbur!" Techno exclaimed dropping down to beside his brother. The brunette breathed heavily and did not respond to his name.

"Mum! Dad!" Techno called grabbing Wilbur's arm and pulling at him. Techno was on the verge of tears when Phil arrived.

"What happe-" Phil's sentence cut off and he looked shocked. Techno looked to his dad feeling the tears sensation threaten his calmer demeanour.

"H-He-He-He-He," Phil crouched next to Techno and gently embraced him. A small sigh of air signalled his little brother's consciousness returning. Techno pulled free and reattached himself to Wilbur. "Wil, Wil, Wil, are you okay?!"

The brunette blinked at him slowly and started trying to prop himself up on his arms. Phil had moved behind him. "Woah mate," the blonde whispered. "Take it easy." He gently held Wilbur against his abdomen as the 3-year-old tried to get awareness of his situation.

"How do you feel Wilbur?" Phil commented softly as Techno pulled the brunette into a hug.

"Tired..." Wilbur muttered wrapping his arms around Techno. The older brunette stroked a hand through his brother's hair as they sat there for a few seconds. Then without reason, Wilbur went slack in Techno's embrace.

The eldest was quick to notice and let go of Wilbur wondering what the issue was. He had passed out again and Phil caught him before he met the carpet once again. "That's not normal." Phil gently picked Wilbur up into his arms and quickly raced downstairs.

Techno followed eagerly. Phil had woken Kristin and they went to the hospital. Unfortunately, it was a Monday afternoon, and the hospital was packed. They had been waiting for a few hours now and during then Wilbur had kept mostly awake.

Sure he had been awfully tired, but he had not fainted again, yet. Phil had been sitting with the boys while Kristin barked at the receptionist as she paced the room. You know, pregnant stuff. Techno watched his brother carefully and Wilbur had told him on multiple occasions he was fine.

But Techno was not convinced. And he was rightful to believe that. He had just watched his little brother faint twice. That's two times more than he should have! Sure Techno may be overprotective, but his heart was in the right place.

"Hello," a nurse had approached the little family and she smiled softly. "Are you Wilbur?" Wilbur nodded his head slowly. "Great! Can you all please follow me." Phil offered to carry Wilbur, but the stubborn boy refused saying he was fine.