Chapter 2

A twelve year old Tomoe and Kyoya stood outside the gates of Namimori Middle School. Her brothers already graduated and were starting high school. Today was going to be her and Kyoya's first day and Tomoe was feeling mixed emotions. For one, she hated that she had to go relive her middle school life, but at the same time she was excited to make some friends as her only one was Kyoya due to her being homeschooled up until now.

Well, there was also Kusakabe Tetsuya.

During his pre-school and elementary school years Kyoya gained many followers as he tried to bring peace and discipline to Namimori. Tomoe humored Kyoya and what he was doing, thinking it was a phase, but she was wrong. The citizens of Namimori were terrified of the one and only Hibari Kyoya.

Jun and Milo were highly amused. Tomoe was too, but she wouldn't admit that since most of the time she suffered because of his actions. She felt like a tired mom with a troublemaker child.

His most loyal follower was Kusakabe Tetsuya, who began following him in preschool after he was beaten by Kyoya. Tomoe had met him later when they were around eight or nine. The two got along instantly as they were both somewhat babysitters for Kyoya to make sure he wouldn't cause too much ruckus.

Due to always being around Kyoya and being the only person he tolerates and sometimes listens to, Tomoe had been called a leash for the wild Hibari and used to calm him down or stop him from biting people to death and sending them to the hospital.

"Goodmorning Kocho-san, Hibari-san," a voice said and the girl looked over to see Kusakabe in all his glory, still with his weird haircut that he refused to change no matter how many times the girl begged him to.

"Goodmorning Tetsu-chan," Tomoe replied, smiling. "I hope you are excited for your first day of middle school."

He smiled back at her and was about to continue the conversation until he was interrupted by Kyoya. "Kusakabe," his grey eyes narrowed as he stared at the school, the wind blowing his hair. "Let's go. We will be taking over Namimori Middle School."

Kusakabe tensed up, straightening. "Yes, Kyo-san!"

"Well then..." Tomoe sighed as the three of them walked into the school like the main protagonists of a show. Kyoya walked in the middle of them while they stood by his sides.

'While Kyoya takes over the school and enforces discipline... I guess I'll become the class rep since I don't want to join a club.'

Tomoe was put into class 1-B while Kyoya was put into class 1-A. The girl could tell by the look in his eyes that he was unsatisfied with them being separated, especially since he had claimed her as one of his persons that he promised to protect. In the words of Hibari Kyoya himself, he had declared Tomoe his "small animal".

Of course Tomoe knew he hadn't called her his in a romantic way, no, it was sort of like a childish possessiveness or something platonic. She wondered if the boy would ever develop romantic feelings or a crush on her. 'Maybe he will, maybe he won't.' Tomoe didn't hold a single strand of romantic feelings for Kyoya at all, her feelings were purely platonic towards the boy and she didn't think that would change. They grew up too close as childhood friends, like brother and sister, so it would be hard to consider each other as a significant other. 'But you never know what the chances are when it comes to feelings and love.'

She was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard growling from the dark haired boy beside her.

'I have a gut feeling he's going to pull some strings to switch me into his class this year. Better stop him while he's ahead.' "Too bad we aren't in a class together Kyo-chan," she said, humming next to him. "Next year for sure."