Chapter 43

Namimori Shrine.

The group was stunned to find out that the game of Choice was not going to be held in Namimori.

"Transfer system?!" Irie shouted, enraged at Byakuran's giant face in the sky.

"That thing you used to get rid of the Melone Base?!" Gokudera hollered.

"In other words, the battle ground... isn't here in Namimori," Reborn concluded.

"Yup, that's right. However, as you already know, this apparatus doesn't activate all that easily," Byakuran explained. "So it's also going to serve as a little test, to see if you're qualified to take part in today's game. Five million Fiamma Volts! That's the amount of energy required to transport you all to the Choice stage." He grinned.

"F-Five million Fiamma Volts?!"

Spanner gawked. "That's twenty times the output of the max power X-Burner...!"

The albino let out a hum. "You see, this transfer apparatus is a real energy hog. So I thought I'd get all of you to provide the necessary energy yourselves. Think of it as your ticket to the game if you like."

"But that's... that's outrageous!" Giannini sputtered. "How are we supposed to provide twenty times the output of the X-Burtner just like that?!"

"Just produce the flames whenever you're ready, and the apparatus will collect them. Not to put any pressure on you or anything, but if you fail to produce them, that will count as a failure and I might have to do... this two the town." A laser beam came out of Byakuran's eye and it hit against the mountains by Namimori, causing a huge explosion.

Boom!

Everyone's eyes widened.

"Over on the northern mountains!" Ryohei gasped.

Gokudera frowned deeply. "Why that little...!"

Tsuna swiftly turned around, glaring at the face of the man who caused them so much trouble. "What do you think you're doing?! Byakuran!!"

"Oopsie~! Sorry about that! I guessed my face slipped?!" He teased them.

"I can't believe you...!"

"I can see how this guy might be able to rule the world through fear," Reborn commented, a shadow over his face.

"Well then, quickly now! Get those flames burning! There's not much left before twelve o'clock, when the game begins! Once the light shining down from me disappears, that's time up!"

As he said that, a circular light shined down onto the group.

"Hey! Hey! Heyyyy!!!!" a loud woman's voice shouted and everyone turned to see a group walking up the stairs. "Shining a light for the true stars I see!"

"That's!" Gokudera's balked. "Kocho's group!"

They stood at the top of the staircase, facing the group with grins. Momo, Aiko, Juno, Hikari, Ao, and Tomoe. What stood out to them was that they wore fancy, diamond blue suits with white armbands that had a blue butterfly designed on it.

Tomoe, however, was wearing a similar suit to them. A Vongola suit with her Vongola ring. She grinned, walking into the circle as the adults followed behind her.

"Sorry for being late," she whistled and Tsuna looked at her happily.

"Kocho-senpai... thank you for coming," he earnestly said.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," the girl replied, patting his shoulder as she looked up at Byakuran's smirking face, in return she stuck out her tongue at him. 'Loser.'