Chapter 12

DELANEY SUGG

I ended up falling asleep with no reply from Randy. I got up and dressed for the day at school. I really didn't want to face school. Everything was so messed up. Randy isn't talking to me but is my boyfriend and project partner. Mariah, who I once thought was my only true friend, went behind my back and posted a very personal article on Randy. And I'm also still getting used because of who my siblings are.

I was downstairs alone eating breakfast and I was just hoping Randy would come in like he did yesterday and say he was going to drive me to school but that never happened. I brushed my teeth, grabbed my bag and walked to my car and drove off to school.

At school, all the students were talking with friends and I just walked right into school ignoring everyone's comments about wanting to meet my siblings. I went straight for my first hour class and hoped to get through the day. But once again I was still thing of Randy.

By the time lunch came I walked over to my usual spot. I saw Mariah and I knew I couldn't sit there. I glanced around and spotted my new 'group' I was in with Randy. All of them were sitting together and laughing but I didn't see Randy. I decided to walk over and sit with them.

"Hey do you mind if I sit her?" I ask. A few heads look up at me.

"Not at all." A girl who I think is named Mandy replied. I smile and sit down. Then I spot Randy walking toward the table. He sees me and starts to turn around. I grab my lunch and walk to him.

"Randy, we need to talk. Please." I say. He didn't reply. "Randy....please."

"Fine. Come on." I follow Randy out of the lunch room and into an empty classroom. I sit in a desk and Randy sits across from me. Neither of us speak. We just stare at each other.

"Randy, we need to talk. I know I can't stay mad at you forever so will you not stay mad at me forever?" I ask.

"I don't know. Delaney, I don't know if I can trust you anymore. I tell you probably my biggest secret. A secret only my family knows and you go off and tell your friend after I told you not to tell anyone." Randy replied.

"I know. And I also know sorry won't fix anything. But I want things to be normal between us again. I love you Randy and I feel terrible. I stayed up pretty late last night waiting for a text or call from you. I could barley eat dinner I was so upset. Please Randy. Forgive me." Randy's face softened just the slightest bit.

"I need a little time to think. I'll call you tonight." Randy nodded and left me alone in a classroom. I sighed and wiped away an unwanted tear. I decided on throwing my lunch away and going to the nurses office. The nurse told me to lay down since I told her I had a stomach ache. I laid there for sometime until the nurse came and sat next to me.

"So, is this really a stomach ache or a heartache?" The nurse asked. I sat up and leaned against the wall behind the cot.

"What do you mean?" I asked hugging my knees.

"I was once a teenager and I can tell you are having some drama. Maybe boy drama."

"I guess you could say that."

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"My boyfriend sort of told me a pretty personal secret and told me not to tell anyone. I went home and told one person. One person who I used to call my bestfriend and she went off and wrote what I told her in the school news paper. My boyfriend found out and now he won't talk to me."

"Wow. I know this may not help but, you really screwed up."

"I know I did. I apologized so much even though I know that won't help what I did."