Chapter 40

Samantha Riley

I had to get home. Most people think I have a perfect life since my dad owns the park and everything. But really, my life is far from perfect. I have 3 brothers and no sisters. My brothers are the favorites,  all of them. Their names are Henry, Logan, and Jacob. Henry is 5 years old. Logan is 13 and Jacob is your typical 16 year old jock. Everyone loves him. I on the other hand, am basically chopped liver. My parents don't think I'm doing anything with my life. My dad is an alcoholic who is also physically and verbally abusive to me. Not my brothers, but me. My mom? She doesn't care what my dad does to me. If anything she encourages it. 

XX

I got to my house as fast as possible. The lights in the dining room were on which meant my dad was home and drinking most likely. I always need to be home before he is others things could get ugly. 

I walked into the house as quietly as possible but then my dad stumbled into the door way. 

"Well, well, well, isn't it the mistake." My dad slurred. I sighed and tried to get past him but he grabbed a fist of my hair. 

"Ouch!" I squeaked. 

"Don't you dare walk past your father!" He yelled in my face. I scrunched my nose from the horrible smell of beer. 

"Sorry, dad." I said looking at my feet. He yanked my hair up so I could look at him in the face.

"You should always look at me when you speak!" I stare at him but don't say anything. That was defiantly a mistake. His hand came down and slapped me across the cheek. It stung instantly and tears sprung to my eyes. 

"Go to your room and don't even think about dinner!" Dad yelled. I nodded and ran up the stairs to my room and slammed the door. My room was the smallest but it was my room. My safe place. I had one poster hanging up above my bed of Justin Timberlake who was my favorite singer. 

I curled up on my bed and started crying. I touched my cheek lightly and winced from the pain. I stood up to look in the mirror and sure enough there was a huge hand print. I cried a little more but tried to be quiet. I heard my phone buzz and checked who it was. It was from James.

FROM JAMES: Hey! You left your sweatshirt. Im on my way to your house but just realized I have no clue where you live. 

TO JAMES: If you walk straight from your house down the path I'm on Hudson road. My house number is 6572.

FROM JAMES: Cool....thanks! Should I just ring the door bell?

TO JAMES: No! My bedroom window is on the backside of the house. There is a tree right across from it. Wait there and text me when you are here and I'll meet you.

FROM JAMES: Sounds good!! :) 

I let out a breath. My cheek still had the hand print. Usually when he hit me I got a bruise, this means I'll have a nice face bruise tomorrow. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I was ok. It was just a hit. I'm used to this. I've been punched before. This is nothing. Then I got a text saying James was here. I opened my bedroom window quietly and climbed out. I was on the roof and the big tree was right next to it. I climbed down the tree and saw James. 

"Hey." I whispered. James turned around. 

"Hey. Heres your sweat shirt." He smiled. 

"Thanks." I said. It got quiet. I started getting emotional at this time and I started to feel tears fall. 

"Sammie? Are you alright?" James said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No..." I cried shaking my head. 

"Whats up? Talk to me." 

"We need to go somewhere else." 

"Ok...lets go to the activity place down the road." I nodded and walked down the sidewalk to the activity place which was pretty much empty.

"Talk to me now." James said. When we were in the light he saw my face. "What happened?" James said looking at my cheek. I started crying harder.

"It....Its my dad...." I looked down. James grabbed my chin and lifted it up so I was looking at his face.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"My dad...he...he's an alcoholic and abuses me, physically and emotionally." I said. 

"Samantha. I-I can't let you live like that. How about your mom?"

"She lets him do this to me." 

"We need to tell someone." 

"No! If we tell anyone then I'll have to go to CPS and I really don't want to do that." 

"We have to do what is best and safe for you. I want to make sure you are happy." 

"If you want me to be happy then don't tell anyone. Please." James sighed and paused for a moment.

"Ok...I won't tell anyone. But if this gets even more serious I will go to someone because this is not safe." 

"Fine.  Thanks for my sweatshirt. I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled sadly and walked quietly back into my bedroom. No one found out I was out so I quickly went to my bed and sat up. I hugged my knees and started to quietly cry. I touched my cheek and winced at the pain. This was probably the worse one I have had so far. I lied down on my bed and rolled over to my side. I let out a long sigh and shut my eyes hoping to get some sleep. I knew all this would go away tomorrow and hopefully my dad wont get to physically abusive tomorrow.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: 

Sorry for a some what shorter chapter!!! Its taken me a while to update but I  wanted to make it perfect! So I hope its good!!! Im thinking of writing a sequel...If you want me to write one then please comment ideas! :) It would mean a lot.
<3

Love you guyssss!!! :) xxxxx

~Stay classy and watch Youtube!~