Chapter 47

Delaney Sugg

My phone rang as we were leaving the hospital. It was Randy.

"Hey Randy! We are just on our home." I said.

"Um... Delaney...have you seen anything on the news?"

"No...why? Is everything okay?"

"Not exactly. It's Joe and Zoe."

"What happened?!" I shouted worried.

"They got hit by a drunk driver. The drunk driver was killed and both cars flipped. There is no other news on Joe and Zoe. They were going to the airport to catch a flight to come visit." I went to the waiting room and sat down. James sat next to me.

"Oh my gosh...I-i need to get to London!"

"Okay,okay. Come home and we can go together."

"No! I'm going there right now! James can come with."

"Do you even have your passport? Or James' passport?" James pulled his out of his jacket pocket.

"Yes. We have both of them."

"you don't have clothes."

"I have some in London and I will get James some."

"Okay okay. Um...so do I just watch Samantha?"

"Yes obviously. Now I got to go. I'll call you later." I hung up and and grabbed James' hand.

"We are going to London?" Jakes asked.

"Yes. Now let's go."

"Your pregnant."

"Yeah if I was 6 months I couldn't get on a plane. I'm fine. I'm not even showing."

"Okay."

//
We soon got to the airport. We went to the ticket booth right away. There wasn't a line yet.

"Excuse me. I need 2 tickets for,your next flight to London." I breathed.

"Um...our next flight leaves in 3 hours." The lady said.

"Perfect. We'll take it."

"Is this going to be one way or..."

"Yes one way."

"Okay..." The lady typed something up and handed us the tickets. We still had a lot of time so I bought James a subway sandwich and drinks and we sat down by the TV and I waited for the news. Then it came on. There still wasn't much news about Zoe and Joe. The only new news was there were firefighters trying to get Joe and Zoe out of the car. I had to look away from the screen.

"How's your sub?" I asked James.

"Pretty good thanks." James said with his mouth full. "Listen." James swallowed. "Everything is going to work out. I figured this out once my mom didn't want me. It all worked out because now I'm adopted and live with the people I love." My vision was blurring from tears.

"Thank you James." I smiled weakly. I gave him a hug and kissed his forehead. James smiled back.

//
A few hours later our flight was called. We went to the gate and did,everything needed. We went to our seats and I noticed James sort of fidgeting in his seat.

"James? Have you ever been on a plane?" I asked.

"Uh...nope. My mama never had the money to take me anywhere plus, you know, she never actually loved." James replied.

"Well, don't be worried about this plane ride. It's going to be a long one for your first time but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Just, don't read the pamphlets in the back of the seats." I said not wanting him to get worried of all the possibilities that could happen while riding the plane.

"Why not?"

"Um...just don't. Now buckle up and here's some gum." James took the gum and popped it in his mouth as I did the same. We got buckled and listened to the flight attendants. When they finished the plane started up and we took off down the runway. James watched out the window and soon we were flying.

//
Randy Smith

I couldn't believe Delaney was just going to leave with James and go to London from the hospital! I went up to where Samantha was and knocks on the door.

"Come in." I heard Samantha say. I open the door and see Samantha laying on her bed on her phone. I grab the rolling desk chair and sit on it next to her bed.

"So, James isn't coming home with Delaney tonight." I started. Samantha shut her phone off and sat up looking at me.

"Why not?" She asked confused.

"Well, they were at the hospital and I told Delaney that her siblings in London got in a terrible accident. She freaked out and left with James to the airport straight away and got a one way ticket to London." I explain.

"When are they coming back?"

"Whenever Delaney finds out her siblings are okay and stays with them for a bit. They are going to call when they land."

"Okay...so for now it's just us?"

"I guess so."  There was an awkward silence. "Let's go get some pizza. You like pizza right?"

"I do. Let's go." Samantha stands up and we leave for the pizza place. This is going to be a great time for me to get to know Samantha a little better. The Samantha that is practically Delaney and ours adopted daughter and the girl dating my little cousin. Then it hit me. Delaney is pregnant. I'm pretty sure you can't fly when you are pregnant. But she's only like 2 months into the pregnancy. She should be just fine. I sigh hoping everything will be okay when James and Delaney arrive in London.

At the pizza place we each order a slice. I get a pizza with double cheese, ham, jalapeños and pepperoni. Samantha just gets plain cheese.

"That's all you get? Just cheese?" I tease.

"Yeah. I was never a fan of all the toppings. To me it ruined pizza. I like the all natural taste of pizza." Samantha said taking a bite of the cheesy pizza.

"Well I was always a fan of adding extra flavor and making it taste even better." I reply taking a bit of my pizza while staring at Samantha causing her to laugh.

"I'm glad I'm getting to know you Randy."

////////////////////////////////////////
A/N:

So so sorry for not updating in awhile! But I am back and out of writers block at the moment! Tell me what you think of this chapter in the comments!!! :)

~Stay classy and watch YouTube!~