Chapter 2

Delaney Sugg

I ended up sitting in my room eating cold pizza. I was still really annoyed with the fact my parents think Joe and Zoe are the perfect childeren. 

It was already 1 in the morning and I was still up listening to music. I couldn't sleep. Joe and Zoe were still out and my parents were sleeping by now. I walked down my loft bed ladder. I was climbing down backwards and lost my footing. I feel on my back but it didn't really hurt. My door opened reaveling a concerned mom.

"Delaney are you ok?" My mom asked.

"Im just fine, thank you." I snapped. My mom walked in closing my door.

"What are you doing up at this time in the morning?" 

"Couldn't sleep."

"Whats wrong?"

"What do you thinks wrong? You let your perfect children do anything they want. Me? You make me come home at a certain time and----" 

"We are not doing this right now." My mom pursed her lips and shook her head.

"Fine. Let me get my rest." I snapped. My mom turned around and left my room. I scrolled through Twitter seeing tweets from Joe and Zoe. They were at some night club. There was a bunch of Youtubers there. I decided I should go to sleep. I set my phone aside and laid my head down falling asleep.

My alarm beeped at 6 AM meaning I had school. I groaned now regreting staying up. I chose light blue skinny jeans, a peach colored tee shirt and a black leather jacket. I fixed my hair up a little and did my makeup before heading down stairs. My parents were sitting downstairs eating breakfast and getting ready for work. 

"Morning Delaney." My dad said.

"Morning." I groaned. I grabbed the box of Life Cereal and poured some in the bowl. I ate my cereal not wanting to talk to anyone. I go upstairs to brush my teeth but once I get to the top of the stairs Joe ran past me and slammed the bathroom door. I heard him gag. He was obviously puking. I checked the time and it was 7:00. I had to be at school in 20 minutes. 

"JOE!" I yelled banging on the door. "Im going to be late for school!" I continued pounding.

"Hang o----" Joe started followed by the sound of him puking more.

"C'mon Joe!" I yelled. 

"Whats going on?" My mom said. 

"Im going to be late but Joe's in the bathroom and I have to brush my teeth still." I replied. 

"Joe honey? Are you alright in there?" My mom asked.

"Im fine....just hungover." Joe replied. I rolled my eyes. This always happens when he goes out. He comes back, sleeps, wakes up, pukes. I leaned agains the wall in waited. I heard the toilet flush and Joe wash his hands. 

"Thanks." I mutter sarcatically. Joe rolled his eyes and I quickly brushed my teeth. I grabbed my backpack and rushed to my car driving to school. I parked my car and it was 7:18. I was going to make it to class just in time. I ran to my locker throwing my coat in and rushed to my first class down stairs. As I was walking some kid tripped me and I feel. My Ipad for school feel on the hard floor. I also fell down.

"Watch where your going next time, would ya?" The kid who knocked me over stated. I sighed standing up. I grabbed my ipad which, sure enough was shattered. It still turned on but now I was going to have to pay the price. I fixed my clothes and headed to class. The bell had already rung meaning I was going to be late. 

I opened the door to my English class. The class turned silent as my teacher, Mrs. Hanson stopped and looked at me.

"Nice of you to join us Ms. Sugg. I believe thats your third tardy this year in my class. That means a detention today after school." Mrs. Hanson scolded. She was writing on a sheet for my detention and handed me the slip. 

"Sure thing Mrs. Hanson." I sarcasticaly replied. I took my seat sighing.

"Ok class. As I was saying we are starting a new project that you and a partner will have to present in front of the class." Mrs. Hanson started. The class started talking about who they wanted to be partnered with. "Now don't get to excited. I will be picking your partners. The project is going to be based off a book both you and your partner have read. You will make either a speech, power point or poster about this book." 

"Whens it due?" Some kid in the back asked.

"Great question. This Friday. You have all week to work on it. Now to your partners. Sally and Greg, Jonah and Lillian, Delaney and Randy." Randy.....no....not Randy. I wanted someone smart! Randy is the least intelligent kid. Well, thats what everyone says. Everyone loves him though. He's popular. He has that boy next door look. He has the looks, he skateboards, he's the total package. His brown hair was spiked in the front evey day. He wears black skinny jeans, a graphic tee and leather jacket pretty much everyday. And he always wears these black aviator sunglasses. Even indoors. This was not going to go well. 

"Well, class, go with your partners and get started." I sighed and sat still wanting Randy to come to me.

"Delaney." I heard someone say. "Come on back." It was Randy. I sighed, yet again, and grabbed my backpack and ipad. I walked over to Randy's spot in the very back of the classroom.

"How you doing Ms. Popular?" He asked chewing his gum and smirking.

"Well, Mr. Popular. Im having a terrible day so far." I replied.

"And whys that?" I wasn't sure if I should be talking to Randy like this but oh well.

"I was late this morning and someone knocked me over shattering my ipad. Plus I have detention."

"You know....my day hasn't been great either. I started off my having some girl run into me shattering her ipad. Oh and I have detention."

...............................................................................................................................................................................

A/N:

I hope you guys are enjoying this story..... :)

~Stay classy and watch Youtube!~