Chapter 23

Delaney Sugg

Sadie ended up leaving late last night. I woke up to a phone call. It was the hospital. 

"Hello?" I said into the phone. 

"Is this Delaney Sugg?" A ladies voice said. 

"This is."

"I'm Nurse Sammy. Your boyfriend Randy Smith is having some serious issues. You were first on his emergency contact list. We need you to come down right away." 

"Of course. Thank you." I hung up and picked up a random sweatshirt I found on the floor. It to be Randy's but I just slipped it on and put on my yoga pants. I grabbed a beanie and put it then ran to my car. I drove in terror that something terrible happened to him. 

When I arrived at the hospital I ran inside and told the lady at the front that I was here for Randy. She quickly ushered me back. We arrived at Randy's room and the lady told me I could go in. I opened the door to see Randy crying and screaming and some lady trying to calm him down. 

"Randy. Calm down." I said as my voice weavered a little. Randy turned to me and he stopped screaming but continued crying. I slowly walked over and sat down next to him. I rubbed small circles on his back as he cried but this lady was still standing here.

"I dont mean to sound rude, but, who are you?" I asked.

"Im Sarah. Randy's therapist." She said. 

"Can you give us a moment." She nodded and left the room. I sighed and continued rubbing Randy's back.  "What happened Randy. You seemed ok yesterday." 

"I dont know. Sarah annoys me then I was thinking about life and I dont know what to do." Randy cried.

"Randy. Let everything go. Dont worry about Sarah or life. Just try to get better. We can start a living together get through the summer. Have fun together." I tried smiling slightly but Randy didnt. 

"I know. I try so hard, Delaney. It seems like when I start to get better I only get worse." 

"I know, I know. You just need to relax." Randy took a deep breath and nodded. I looked around the room at all of our paintings. I really did think that paining the room would make him happier. "Look behind your head." I said breaking the silence. Randy turned around to see the painting he made with our hand prints and a heart with our initials in the middle.

Randy  smiled a tiny bit as he looked at the picture. He put his hand on his handprint and I put mine on my handprint and we looked at eachother a smiled a little. I felt like we were in some cheesy romance movie but I didn't care. 

"I want to get better but not with Sarah." Randy said quietly. I took my hand down and looked down. "Will you talk to her and the doctor to see if maybe I cannot have a therapist? Maybe you are really all I need for therapy." I looked at Randy's sad face. 

"Ok. I'll go talk to them now. Just stay here." I smiled and walked into the hall. Sarah was sitting on a chair outside of the room. 

"How is he?" She asked. I kind of glared at her.

"He's ok. But I need to talk to you and the doctor." I said. 

"Why's that?"

"Lets get the doctor first." We walked to the front to see the doctor talking to the receptionest. "Excuse me. Doctor. We need to talk." I stated. 

"Sure thing." The doctor nodded toward the receptionest and walked with us to a confrence room. "What is it?" 

"So, I was just talking to Randy Smith who basically just had a mental breakdown. I managed to calm him down a little and he said he's really trying to get better. But he wants one thing." I explain.

"Alright...." The doctor replied.

"He wants to get better without Sarah. Without a therapist." 

"Well, the therapist is here to help him." 

"Its not helping him. Its making him worse. He was pretty much saying that whenever Im around he feels better. He wants me to be like his therapist." 

"Do you think thats really going to help him?"

"I have a strong feeling. He said it himself." 

"Ok....well, we can try to schedual you to come in everyday for at least an hour. Although, I have a feeling you are going to be her a lot longer."

"Yes. I will. He's going to be very happy." I smiled.

"Well, ok then. Go off and tell him the good news. Sarah, Im sorry but you will no longer work with Randy."

"Ok." Sarah replied. "Im so sorry if I made him worse." There was clear guilt in her voice.

"Its ok." I smiled sadly and basically skipped off to Randy. 

When I walked into the room he was on his phone. I closed the door behind me and sat down next to him.

"So...I have very good news. You will no longer have to see Sarah nor any other therapist. I will be like your therapist. All that is, is just having me come and hang out with you." I told Randy. I saw him smile a real smile I haven't seen for sometime. 

"Thats great news! Only one thing. Tonight Im suppose to be at basketball practice. Coach wanted me there tonight otherwise I might loose my scholarship." Randy started frowning.

"Dont. Im sure he'll understand. This is what he wanted you to do. Get help. You are doing that so I'll go talk to him now. Do you think he's at the school in his office?"

"Yeah."

"Ok. I'll be back later. Get some rest." I kissed the top of his head and headed to the school. 

I walked in and went straight to Coach Thompson's office. I knocked softly on the door and heard a faint 'come in'. I opened the door and Coach was sitting at his desk on his computer. 

"Hello Coach Thompson." I smiled a littled.

"Delaney. How are you?" Coach asked.

"Im alright. Im actually here to tell you Randy will not be attending basketball. Im not really sure when he will be able too." 

"He could loose his scholarship. I told him this." 

"I know. He is actually in the hsopital getting help like you suggested. He had a very bad mental breakdown this morning but he is doing ok. Im really trying to get him as much help as possible. Please, just let him get better and as soon as he can he'll come back." Coach sighed.

"I guess if he's getting help thats fine. We really need him. The off season is always with the harder teams and he is our star player. I really need him for state."

"I can't guarentee he will be here for state considering the conditon he's in at the moment."

"Ok.....I will let him keep the scholarship even he can't come back by state on one conditon." Oh no. Here we go. 

"What would that be?"

"You become a cheerleader."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/N:

Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!! CLIFFHANGERRRRRRR!!! :)

How was that chapter??????? 

Did you all enjoy it???

Is there another character I should possibly add???

Let me know in the comments! :) 

I FINALLY JOINED THE IPHONE CLUB ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO!!! My parents surprised both me and my sister with Iphones. My sister got my dads old 5, I got the 5s and my dad got the 6! :) 

Anyways...HAPPY EASTER!! :) :) 

Do any of you think I should make an instagram or twitter account dedicated to my wattpad account? I dont know if its a good idea or not. I probably wont get any followers.... :( 

~Stay classy and watch Youtube!~