Chapter 29

Randy Smith

It was the next day now. I was able to stay with Delaney in her room overnight. She was very dehydrated and the heat got to her. The doctors gave her some sleeping medicine so she would sleep off the heat.
I fell asleep holding her hand and when I woke up she was squeezing my had. I opened my eyes to see her looking around the room.

"Hey. Your awake!" I smiled. She returned the smile.

"Yes I am. What happened?" She asked.

"You got really dehydrated and fainted. The doctors gave you sleeping medicine to sleep through the night." I replied.

"Oh. How did I do on my cheer competition?"

"I'll have to ask your team mates. Which they are actually here now." Just as I said that 3 girls came in. One was Hannah another was a girl named Sarah and another named Maddie.

"Hey girl!" Hannah smiled happily sitting on a chair. "We got a little something for you." Then another girl who I think is named Olivia, came in with a tall trophy. "You got first!" Delaney's smile grew.

"Really?" Delaney asked grabbing the trophy.

"Yup! First in solo! We also for first in group despite you fainting. We continued afterwards."

"That's great! I'm so happy right now." Then the doctor walked in.

"Well, Delaney, you have quite the fan base here." The doctor chuckled. "I'll make this short. We just wanted to observe you over night and your fine. Your parents signed the release forms this morning. Your good to go. Make sure to drink lots of water."

"Thank you." Delaney smiled and sat up. She talked to her team a little longer the they left. I helped her get ready to leave and helped her to the car. She looked a lot better but she did seem tired.

"So, your feeling better?" I asked her once we were both seated in the car.

"A lot better. It was just really hot out." She replied looking out the window.

"If I was a better boyfriend I would've gave you the water before you went out." I said shaking my head.

"Randy, it's not your fault. It's Mother Natures fault for creating the scorching heat." Delaney said trying to crack a joke.

"Still. I can't let anything happen to you."

"I know." Delaney sighed still looking out the window. We arrived so we both got out and walked into our house. It wasn't as hot today but it was really cloudy and rainy outside. Delaney went right to our room as I stayed down making some lemonade for us. I heard Delaney play some music upstairs. I walked up to see what she was doing and she was putting away her laundry.

"You want to do laundry now?" I asked.

"Yeah....it helps me relax." She shrugged. I sat on the bed and she continued. She was humming along to the song.

"What song is this?" I asked.

"Clouds by One Direction." She replied.

"Oh....I kinda like it." I lied. I hate One Direction (a/n: not really... I'm in LOVE with them)

"You can be honest if you don't like it. I know you don't." Delaney stated.

"Yeah..... I don't like it." I admitted. Maybe she would change the song for me.

"Well, we are still listening to the whole entire album because I love them so yeah!" Delaney laughed. I rolled my eyes and laid back on the bed. Delaney continued organizing her clothes. I put my hands in my short pockets and still held onto the small box. I needed to take her out tonight.

"Hey......we are going out to dinner tonight. Wear something nice but casual." I said.

"Really? Randy Smith? Are you being.....Romantic?" Delaney said trying to sound surprised.

"Maybe I am. Will you do that for me?" I asked wanting an answer.

"Of course." She smiled. I smiled to myself and went downstairs. I grabbed my now dry swim trunks from the basement. I slipped those on and went into the hot tub. I made sure to hide the small box so Delaney wouldn't find it.

A sat back in the hot tub and closed my eyes relaxing. Then I felt someone sit in with me. I opened my eyes to see Delaney.

"Didn't want to invite me?" She smirked. She was wearing a real bikini and her hair was in a bun. She also had on heart sunglasses, even though it wasn't very sunny.

"Thought you were doing laundry?" I shrugged.

"And miss a hot tub time?" I laughed at her remark.

"We both have to get ready in a little for our date." I stated,

"And where are we going on this date?"

"You'll have to wait and see." I rose my eyebrows and got out of the hot tub.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To get ready. Stay here until it's your turn." Then I ran back into the house. I went to my room and found my khaki shorts. I never wear khaki but it's a special occasion. Then I grabbed a white dress shirt and put that on leaving in untucked. I styled my hair a little more and sprayed on some cologne. Then went back outside.

"Your turn!" I said. Delaney turned around in the hot tub and looked me up and down.

"I thought you said we weren't dressing fancy?" She replied.

"I said casual nice. I'm wearing shorts and an untucked dress shirt. That pretty nice casual to me." She smiled a little and went inside to get changed. I also went back inside and went to the spot where I hid the ring. It was in my dads old downstairs office in one of the cupboards. I took it out and put it in my pocket. I sat on the couch and scrolled through my phone waiting for Delaney to come down so we can go. I was actually very nervous as of right now.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
A/N:

There you guys go! Next chapter will be the BIG date!!!! :)

Delaney had no clue what she's getting herself into.

I'm excited and I'm the one writing it! 😂😂😂😂
HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!! PLEASE COMMENT SOME FEEDBACK FOR ME!!!!!

~Stay classy and watch YouTube!~