50

"Holy shit," Mikey laughed, "fucker deserved it."

"Thought you might enjoy the news," the girl and walked off.

Jack raised a brow, confused of Mikey's reaction, "who the fuck is Andy Fowler?"

"That asshole who blackmailed us," he told him, "how hard d'ya reckon he was hit?"

"Oh, him?!" Jack gasped, "holy shit. He was a bastard."

"Yeah, he was," Mikey nodded, still smiling.

---

Bad things, however, were always around the corner.

Mikey was called into the office during the first class of the day, and Jack was called in only a half hour later. Jack was very confused when he heard his name after so much time had passed. Neither of them had done anything wrong for once, so what could this be over?

Mikey was sat outside the office, looking more angry than Jack had ever seen him, but he shot up out of his seat when he saw Jack, turning toward the principal's open door, "see, he's as fucking confused as me!"

He shot Mikey a glare and led Jack into the office, shutting the door.

"I realise that this sounds ridiculous, as Michael pointed out," he started, only confusing Jack more, "but i have to ask since it's been heard a few times now. You didn't hit Mr Fowler this morning, did you?"

It took him a minute to register what he was being asked, and he realised the question, he sat there in shock.

"We have to ask, and it will be getting investigated."

"Wha- i- seriously?!" he couldn't believe it, "i couldn't even remember who the kid was!"

"I'm not saying i believe the rumours, but with what has happened, i just have to ask you both about it. I feel it's a load of rubbish but it'll be investigated and it'll be found out that it wasn't you..."

---

The two boys were raging all day, there wasn't that many people who had actually known about the whole blackmail ordeal, but someone had obviously been gossiping about it and the whole thing had been blown out of proportion.

That was all they heard of it for a few days, then they arrived at school together on the thursday and both got called straight into the office.

There was two police officers in there, and they had to go into a private room with one each. There was a teacher in each room for legal reasons, and they were asked all about what they'd done on monday morning.

-

"I woke up at about 7:30, got dressed, came to school," Jack rolled his eyes, "i went the same way i always have and i've never seen him before so why would i have seen him on monday to hit him?"

-

"My cars not long been fixed after i crashed a couple weeks back, i'm not gonna go and hit someone, am i?" Mikey scoffed, rolling his eyes when the officer gave him a look, "but whatever. I left my house at about 7:30, stopped at the corner shop like i do every day then came to school and everyone was talking about something already."

-

"No, Mikey's always here before me unless we come in together, everyone was talking about something so i went over to his locker and asked but he didn't know."

-

"Jack asked me about it but i didn't have a clue either, as i'd not long been in," he thought about it, "we hugged because we hadn't seen each other and then that girl came over, i don't know her name, and asked us if we'd heard what happened."

-

"The girl? I don't know, i don't think either of us know her name," Jack shrugged, "she just appears now and then and talks to us. She's alright; a bit weird, but she's okay."

-

"I don't even know her name," Mikey laughed, "uh, when we saw her the other day she'd dyed her hair, like a kinda dark red colour, she's kinda short, slim - wait, why does it matter who it is? She only told us about it, she just pops up every once in a while."

-

"She fancies Mikey so there's no way she'd start something like this," Jack raised a brow, confused as to why they were asking about her.

---

"Did they ask you loads about that girl too?" Mikey questioned when they'd finally been freed.

"Yeah, but i don't get why," he shrugged.

Mikey laughed, "maybe she framed us."

Jack laughed with him, "yeah, right."