35

Though the two were still definitely grounded, their mums let them see each other while they were suspended. They spent all their time with each other, which is why Jack shit himself when he heard his front door open. He knew his mum was in work, which meant only one other possibility.

"Anyone home?" his dad called out.

"Shit," Jack muttered, putting a finger over his lips as he looked at Mikey. "This isn't gonna go well," he whispered before shouting downstairs, "i'm here!"

There was a short pause, "what are you doing out of school?"

"I um- uh, I was fighting; got suspended," he answered, voice getting quieter as he spoke, as his dad stomped up the stairs. Jack stood outside the bedroom.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me, Jack?!" he yelled as he saw the state of Jack's face.

"I'm sorry- i- um, i- i-" he stuttered.

Mikey flinched as he heard a thud, and quickly jumped up to see what was going on.

"Who the fuck is this?" his dad snarled, looking Mikey over, noting the state of his face too.

"A friend," Jack said quietly.

Mikey grabbed Jack's arm and pulled him back a little, "c'mon?"

"Don't you tell him what to do, I'm not finished talking to him, thank you very much," he glared at Mikey. He grabbed Jack's other arm, yanking him away from Mikey.

Mikey glared back but thought it best not to argue, though Jack gritted his teeth and glared up at his father, "don't speak to him like that."

"Your little friend can handle it, I think," he scoffed.

"Well I don't fucking appreciate you speaking to my boyfriend like that!" Jack said quickly, and pushed Mikey back into the bedroom.

"What?!" he roared, trying to grab Jack, though he ducked away from him.

---

"Dad's home," Jack said into the phone.

"Are you alright?" his mum asked, voice full of concern.

"I'm at Mikey's," he said slowly.

"Okay," she nodded, "i'll call you later, okay? I'm on my way home."

"He's gonna kick off-"

"I can handle him, Jack, i'll be fine," she said in her best i'm the mum and I know best voice

Jack sighed, "okay... I love you, mam."

"I love you too, son," she smiled.

Jack hung up and put his phone on the bed, leaning into Mikey slightly, "sorry."

"For what?" Mikey asked softly.

"Everything that just happened."

"Don't be," he kissed Jack's head, "none of it was your fault."

Jack sat up slowly and looked at his boyfriend, "i- um... i-"

Mikey cupped Jack's cheeks and kissed him softly, "yeah?"

"I- I love you, Mikey..." he said softly, almost hesitantly.

Mikey smiled wide, making Jack smile, "i love you too, Jack."