32

"I'm not being funny, right, but who are you?" Jack asked, not in the mood for the girl who'd just appeared at his locker.

"Just thought i'd ask how you are," she said sweetly.

"I'd be better if you left us alone," he rolled his eyes.

"Don't be like that," she smirked, "just wondering how you are after what happened..."

"What are you talking about?" he sighed, bored of the girl's bullshit.

"You don't know?" she raised a brow, looking a little shocked, "i think you'd better speak to your boyfriend..."

"I swear you'll regret whatever you've fucking done," he shook his head slammed his locker, storming off to find Mikey.

He didn't find Mikey however, as there was a crowd of kids whispering to each other and looking at their phones. Jack tried to scoot past them but one of them grabbed him and shoved a phone in his face. He raised a brow but when he saw what was on the screen he almost smashed it.

He avoided Mikey from then, and made sure it was clear that he was ignoring him.

Talking to anyone but his boyfriend, he sat in the last class of the day, feeling sorry for himself. How could he have been so stupid?

He suddenly heard the voice he'd been avoiding all day, "Jack, can i-"

He didn't give Mikey a chance to finish, as he turned around swiftly and punched him in the face.

"Jack, let me-"

Jack punched him in the jaw.

"Jack Duff!" the teacher shouted, "get yourself to the principal's office right now!"

Jack ignored the teacher, continuing to punch Mikey as he tried to grab his hands, but eventually let himself hit him back.

They were bruised and bleeding by the time the teacher was able to break the fight up, with the help of the principal.

The two teachers dragged them away from each other and out of the room.

"How could you?!" Jack screamed, letting his tears fall as he struggled against the hold of Mr. Gibson.

"Let me fucking explain?!" Mikey screamed back, though he seemed pretty calm compared to Jack.

"You don't fucking deserve it!" Jack kicked his feet trying to hurt him, but Gibson only dragged him away.

---

The two boys were promptly suspended, and both in the office (away from each other) while their mum's were called.

Jack's mum turned up first, and glared at a tearful Mikey as she saw her son, head down on the desk with dry blood covering his knuckles.

"Jack, hun?" she said softly, though he didn't even look up. "What happened?" she asked the principal as she sat next to Jack.

"Neither of them will tell us why, but they've been fighting," Gibson said slowly.

"Jack, what happened? I thought-" his mum started but was interrupted by Jack's phone buzzing with a text.

It was on the desk next to his head and he looked up at it, giving it a death glare before grabbing it and throwing it at the floor as hard as he could before storming out of the office, "you can all fuck off!"

"You again? I thought you'd made up?" Mikey's mum raised a brow at him as she walked in.

Jack gritted his teeth, speaking quietly as to save screaming at his (ex?) boyfriend's mum, "that was before he cheated on me, Ms. Cobban."

---------

hi there