39

Half term was soon over, which meant the boys had to go back to dreaded school. Mikey was half dreading his decision to let Rye go with them. He knew he'd cause shit, and he was already regretting letting Ryan convince him.

He regretted it even more the second they walked into school. Mikey caught Andy Fowler glaring at him, and by Rye's nudge, he figured he'd seen him too. "Who's that dickhead giving you death glares?" he asked quietly.

"The lad I beat the shit out of for blackmailing us..."

"Oh, he's gonna fucking get it..."

"Ryan, i swear to god-"

"I won't do it in school," he cut Mikey off.

Mikey rolled his eyes, letting it go to save argument.

---

Rye refused to go to second period with Mikey after almost getting kicked out of first. So he roamed the halls and decided to explore, see what he could find.

He retraced his steps back to Mikey's locker and figured he could have a little fun. He knew the combination - if it was the same as his old one - so he could do a little pranking. He got to Mikey's locker and started the combination, though it didn't work. He tried again, though got distracted by someone clearing their throat.

"Excuse me?"

Rye turned around to them, "hm?"

"Can i help you...?"

"Nah, i'm good," Rye shook his head, turning back to the locker.

"Can i ask why you're trying to get into my locker?

"It's my- oh shit..." Rye froze, "i- i um- i thought it was my mate's."

"Well, don't you feel stupid?" he chuckled, "who's your mate?"

"Mikey Cobban..."

"Oh shit, the new lad?" he raised a brow, "the one who kissed Duff in front of everyone?!"

"Duff as in Jack?"

"Yeah, the badboy," he chuckled, "Jack met his match."

Ryan smirked, "that's the one. I'm Mikey's mate from back home, Jack is pretty cool."

He nodded, "honestly, they both kinda terrify me. Would not get on their bad sides..."

"Mike's a fucking sweetheart," Rye chuckled.

"Not in school!" he chuckled, "I avoid them if I can." He tapped the locker next to the one Rye was trying to open, and Ryan was able to open it with ease.

"Not a friend of theirs then?"

"Wouldn't say so, no," he laughed nervously, "nothing against them, I just-"

"I get it, they're dicks," Rye laughed, "what's your name?"

"Brooklyn," the boy nodded.

Rye smiled, "Ryan."

---

"What are you giggling at?" Mikey raised a brow at Ryan, who'd had his eyes glued to his phone all night.

"Nothing," he blushed, shoving his phone into his pocket.

"Who is it?" Mikey smirked.

"No one!"

"Tell me, i'll find out either way..."

"It's Jack," he glared.

"That's a lie," Mikey laughed.

Ryan sighed, "I met a guy."

"Who?!"

"I'm not telling you," he smirked, "but you'll work it out tomorrow if you pay attention and realise he's not in school..."

"You're making him skip school, huh?"

"Shut up?"

----------

RYLYN IS SO STRONG ATM BUT IT'S ALSO SO UNDERRATED SO NO ONE NOTICES UGGHHHH