21

Tuesday

"Jack Duff?" the teacher called. First period, he hadn't done anything wrong yet, so what could she want?

"Yeah?" he looked up from his book.

"Have you done your homework?" she raised a brow.

"I've been off for a week?!"

"You still had homework assigned when you were last here."

He rolled his eyes, "then no, I don't have it."

"Then that's a lunch time detention," she nodded, looking through her file, "...Michael Cobban?"

"I don't have it either, Miss," he huffed.

"Then you can have detention at lunchtime too," she frowned.

"Uh, I'm busy at lunch..."

"Doing what?!"

"Detention for skipping last week," Mikey bit his lip.

"With the principal?"

Mikey nodded and she raised a brow, "I'll speak to him. My room at lunch, both of you!"

There were teasing whispers about what they were going to get up to in detention together, but they were soon shushed by Miss Simons.

Lunchtime

Jack and Mikey were, surprise surprise, both late to detention. They both went to buy their lunch first and strolled into the classroom with a sandwich in hand.

Jack walked in first. He greeted the teacher with a nod as he took a bite of his sandwich, and she gestured for him to sit down.

Mikey walked in only a minute later, sitting down straight away; in the seat next to Jack, to the teacher's shock.

"I thought you two hated each other?" she raised a brow.

"He loves me really," Mikey smirked.

"Are you sure about that?" Jack frowned.

"Pretty sure, considering what we talked about the other day..."

"Oh, you mean when you skipped school for me?" Jack smirked and Miss Simons glared at Mikey.

"Is this true?!" she questioned.

Mikey scoffed, "why would I skip school for him?"

"Because you love me really," Jack winked, and Mikey couldn't help smirk, agreeing, "yeah i do."

"I don't know what's going on but you better not have skipped school to see him!" she roared at Mikey.

"I mean, technically I kinda did at first, but then it was to see my best mate from home..."

"Michael Cobban, you are in deep trouble, young man!"

"I always am," Mikey chuckled.

----------