27

Jack looked wide eyed at Mikey when he pulled away, but pulled him into a hug.

"I hit Andy," Mikey told him, "Cantwell saw it..."

"Both of you, out!" Mr Cantwell said sternly, once he'd gotten over the shock of what had just happened.

The whispers didn't start til the two of them left the room, following the teacher to the office.

"What did Andy do?" Jack asked as they walked.

Mikey shrugged, "he could barely stand up."

"That's my Mikey," Jack smirked proudly, and then the two of them were promptly pulled into the office.

"Wow, you really did some fuckin' damage," Jack mumbled as he saw Andy with two black eyes, a probably broken nose, popped lip and blood everywhere.

"Fucking hell," Mikey agreed, not realising how much he'd hit him.

"Indeed," Mr Gibson agreed, raising a brow at Mikey, "you are in a lot of trouble for this."
(thank you to joeck_jandy for finding out the principal's name, iou)

"I know," he nodded, "but it was worth it."

"Look, i know what he was doing was wrong, but that is not how you're meant to resolve things!"

"I know it's not but he was being a smug piece of shit and i was sick of it," he frowned, "so i hit him, then i kissed Jack in front of the whole class so he's got no fucking blackmail on us anymore!"

Gibson's eyes widened and he looked between Mikey, Jack and Cantwell, who nodded.

"Wow... Well, well done," he said, "but you're still suspended."

He had Mikey and Jack sit down, and he called their parents.

"What did i do?" Jack raised a brow, "why call mine and not his?" he questioned pointing at Andy.

"His mum has already been called, not that it's any of your business."

It wasn't long til she showed up either, and as Mr Cantwell sat with Mikey and Jack on the other side of the desk, she was let into the office.

Her eyes went wide with worry as she saw her son in that state, "what the hell happened?!" she sat next to Andy and pulled him close.

"Andrew has been involved with a little bit of blackmail," Gibson said slowly, "and that's not acceptable here. I know it's been going on, but the boys he was blackmailing refused to tell me anything until- as you can see, one of them snapped."

She was raging, half at Andy for doing that and half at everyone else for letting Andy get beat up. "Why in the world would you think it's a good idea to freakin' blackmail someone, Andrew?!"

Andy just hummed in response, resting his head on her.

"I'm afraid he'll be suspended for a month," Mr Gibson told her, "won't be back til after half term."

She glanced over at Jack and Mikey, then back to the principal, "and the boy who who did this to him?"

"Is getting suspended too, but i think you know i need to discuss that with his mum, not Andy's."

She stormed out, taking a dazed Andy with her, and Gibson leaned against the desk with a sigh.

"Am i suspended for a month?" Mikey asked and Gibson shook his head.

"A week," he raised a brow.

Mikey sighed with relief, "i'm already grounded til fucking Easter."