15

"You've got some serious explaining to do, Jack," he heard his mum say slowly from behind him.

Shit...

Jack turned around slowly, and it was only then that she saw how bad he looked. Scratches down his chest, a few hickies still scattered down his body and a fat lip to go with the bruises covering his face. She didn't look happy.

"Are you having a laugh, Jack?!" she yelled, "did he do all that to you?!"

"Mam, I'm fine, it's fine," he said quickly, "we made up.."

"Is that why Sarah saw you both fighting?!"

"We weren't fighting, he just, like, pushed me into the wall..."

"Jack, i swear-"

"Mam, it's fine," he sighed, "we're alright now."

"If I find you've been fighting with that kid again, I swear you'll be grounded til you're 30!"

Jack nodded sheepishly, looking up at her, "okay, okay..."

"And I want your key," she held out her hand, "because if you sneak out again, I'm going to change the locks!"

He rolled his eyes, "right now?"

"Yes, right now!"

He huffed and stomped up the stairs, grabbing his keys as he threw a hoodie on.

"Here," he huffed as he handed her his keys.

She shook her head, "you can have these back when your face is back to normal."

"Are you joking?" he rolled his eyes.

"No I'm not, Jack! You're lucky your dad's away at the moment or you'd never get them back!"
(that rhymed)

Jack huffed dramatically, "how do I get home from school?"

"I'll sort that out, don't you worry," she frowned, making him storm off, up to his room.

---

- I'm grounded for good this time

- Can't sneak out?

- She took my fucking keys

- 😂 sorry but that's brilliant

- you're a dick

- So are you though

- True... You been home yet?

- On my way, my mum's gonna kill me

- Let me know how it goes👌

- What, so you can laugh?

- Of course😂

---

"She's pissed," Mikey sighed down the phone, "but I'm not grounded until Rye's gone home, which is pretty cool."

"So you can still go out while he's here?" Jack raised a brow, "just pretend he's here, like, all month."

"I tried, but she spoke to his mum," Mikey chuckled.

"That sucks. Have you gotta go to school?"

"Yeah," Mikey huffed, "but that means I'm barely gonna be able to see Rye, he goes home on Sunday."

Jack sighed, nodding as he leaned back on the wall, "you should both come over here."

"Are you trying to get us killed?"

"Nah, sneak in through my window," Jack chuckled.

He laughed, "Rye would be up there in seconds but I can't climb!"

"Well you better get him to teach you!"

"He can give me a boost," he chuckled.

"What about when he goes back to England?"

Mikey's stomach started flipping. He wanted to see him. Jack still wanted to see him, in his room, even after all the shit. "Uh, you'll have to help me up?"

"I could do that," Jack smirked.

----------

simplypenguin I decided to update this love youuuu