34

Mikey nodded, "can we talk?"

"I don't wanna talk," Jack shook his head, moving to let him in.

Mikey shut the door behind him, "we need to talk."

"Well, i'm not in the mood to talk," Jack muttered.

"Jack, i didn't kiss her back," Mikey said slowly.

"Fucking looked like you did," Jack frowned.

"I swear Jack, please believe me?" he bit his lip, what could he do to make him believe him? He couldn't bare this.

"Why should i? You're the one who stuck up for her, why would i believe you when i saw the fucking picture?!"

"She threw herself at me!" he frowned, "i don't like the girl, and trust me, i'll never be fucking speaking to her again."

Jack looked at him, he seemed sincere but how did he know for sure? He figured he'd speak to that fucking psycho when he got the chance, but for now, he missed Mikey.

He sighed, "i've missed you, Mike."

"I've missed you too," Mikey said quietly.

"Can you help me set this phone up?" he asked slowly, almost sheepishly.

"Yeah, course i can," Mikey nodded as Jack got it out of the box.

The two of them sat on the couch as they worked the phone out. Jack was happy when it was done; he had a cute background of him and Mikey, a cute lock screen, and the only contact he had so far was Mikey's.

- hey you, thanks for the phone

- you're welcome, anything for you😘

Jack smiled, kissing his cheek before standing up, "i should let my mam know."

Mikey followed him into the kitchen, where he dialled a number that was stuck to the fridge.

"Hello?" she answered carefully.

"Hey, it's me," Jack said softly, "i have a phone."

"Oh good! How did you get a phone?!"

"Mikey got me it," he smiled, then suddenly realised he was still grounded, and that he could get in trouble for having Mikey over.

"Really?! He can't do that, i'll give him the money back, do you- wait, Mikey? How are you, are you okay? Is he there now?"

Jack chuckled, "yeah he is, he seems like he's telling the truth so..."

"Good," she smiled, "oh, and one more thing?"

"Yeah?"

"You're still grounded so no going out!" she laughed, "but i've thought about it, you're only grounded now until you're back in school next week."

"Seriously?!" Jack smiled.

"Yup, so i'll see you later, yeah? Mikey can stay for dinner if you've made up."

"Thanks, mam," he smiled, "you're the best."

"See you soon, love you!"

"Love you too, mam," he smiled.

Mikey looked up at him expectantly as he put the phone down, "she okay?"

Jack nodded, "i'm ungrounded when we go back to school."

"Yes! That's awesome!" Mikey smiled, hugging him.

He hugged back, squeezing him tight, "i'm sorry about everything the last few days"

"I'm sorry too, Jackie," he pecked his lips.

----------

I've figured out some dramaaaaaa for the coming chapters