51

Friday morning was another interesting one, the two boys were asked to identify the girl.

"No," Jack laughed, "i'm not getting her in shit just because she told us what happened!"

"Jack, i understand your frustration but this is a police investigation and you need to identify this girl," Gibson warned him, but Jack wasn't budging.

Mikey only followed in Jack's footsteps, refusing to give any more information about her than he had already.

"You told them she had red hair, right?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, i think i said she'd dyed her hair, and she was kinda small and slim, but that was it."

Jack nodded, "we need to talk to her."

"I know we do," Mikey agreed, "have we fucked this?"

Jack shook his head, "we'll sort it out."

---

It wasn't til after school they saw her, after looking for her all day, and Jack gave her a subtle wave to come over.

She raised a brow, "you usually don't-"

Jack cut her off quickly though, "meet us in the park in like ten minutes."

"It's not what you think," Mikey added quickly when he saw the look on her face.

They both walked off, leaving her confused, but she was in the park when they got there, like they'd asked.

"Are you two, like, gonna kill me or some shit?"

Neither of them answered her question. "We fucked up," Mikey sighed.

"The police keep asking us about you because we told them you're the one who told us about Andy," Jack explained.

"What? Why, what the fuck did you tell them?!"

"We told them we spoke to you the day it happened and they think it's suspicious," Mikey told her, "and they vaguely know what you look like..."

"They know you have red hair," Jack looked at her freshly dyed hair.

"That can change by tomorrow," she raised a brow, "thanks for warning me."

The both nodded, "sorry about this."

She shook her head in understanding, "it's alright, just don't tell the police what car i drive."

"Why?" they said together, suspicious of her now.

"Because it was my car that hit him."

----------

🧍🏼‍♂️🚗😂 sorry

also this isn't edited but we probably expect that by now