The Epilogue

The Pythia's concern was the first thing Aurora could make out the second the haze dropped

The young mother was pulled upright- gently, but forceful enough to hinder her head lolling to the side and knocking against the exposed brick wall. Aurora pushed the seer away slightly and gasped for air. "A-am I back? Wh- Is this real?"

"Yes, dear. Yes." The older woman nodded quickly and snapped her fingers at the eldest of the three sisters to pass the glass of poured water to the side. The seer had seen this before- she knew the trauma Aurora was experiencing inside her clouded mind. Her thoughts were drenched with red- that same red from the visions. A few weeks would pass now where the colour would never seem the same to the young queen ever again.

It would be like a stain on her eyes.

"Drink." The Pythia instructed and Aurora gladly grabbed the glass of clear water and chugged. She closed her eyes and placed the glass on the table with force. "It was..."

The sister, Clotho, nodded and agreed without the need of a third word; "Yes. Horrid. Horrible."

"We are sorry to have shown you that." Lachesis added on in a solemn tone.

The Pythia narrowed her eyes at the young goddess; "We are, but you do realise that it was necessary-"

"Yes." Aurora said, meeting her eyes with a glare even before the word could run from her mouth. Aurora clenched her teeth and she pushed the seer away once more, needing space to think- to breath. To come to terms with what she'd seen.

It had been like a dream, but it was too real. Too real to shake.

"I understand." Aurora nodded and snapped her eyes shut, clenching them and then, she stood up quickly. Perhaps too quickly. She stumbled a bit to the side and the four women reacted immediately to assist, although, in vain.

Aurora held up her hand as she leaned against the wooden table for balance. "You've done enough."

The Fates weren't too sure if her words were meant as a sting or a thank you, but they left it at that.

Suddenly, the door to the outside burst open and the same red caught Aurora's eyes. She instinctively looked away.

Thanatos was shocked by the scene he found behind the door. His wife was leaning weakly against a table with four other women standing nervously to the other side of the room. One, he recognised. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"What have you done, Oracle?"

The Pythia swallowed softly and held her chin up high; "We were simply showing your wife an important-"

"You do not show my wife anything." Thanatos stepped into the house and placed his hand onto Aurora's back. His warmth was a comfort to her- even after everything she'd seen. "What gives you the audacity to-"