(17)Dark Grey Damsel

The first thing I noticed was the unbelievable throbbing headache

"Ugh..." I sat up slowly, clutching my head with my hand. A new pain shot through my hand and up my arm. I squinted my eyes to get a better look at the source of my sudden discomfort.

My hand was bandaged with a white gauze; neatly wrapped and secured tightly with a small knot. I moved my hand around, trying to figure out what on earth had happened. My mind was running a bewildered blank. This was not ideal.

With lazy, tired eyes, I scanned the unfamiliar room. It was quite big, with a closed balcony and curtains hanging from the high ceiling to cover the piercing sunlight from outside. I could hear the wind howling; it sounded like a sandstorm was yelling at me to open the doors and let it inside.

Where am I?

The last thing I remembered was the dinner party. Hypnos and Hemera had started acting very strange and then- Then what? Then Thanatos- Oh.

"Motherfu-" I sprang up from the king sized bed and stumbled back when the pain ambushed me. I groaned loudly. "Oh, gods..."

Did he drug me? What the hell happened last night?

I glanced back at the bed I'd slept in. Only the side where I'd passed out looked like it had been slept in; not the other side. The right side of the bed was still made, which I suppose was a good sign.

Did we...? Shit.

The black shirt I was wearing didn't ease my troubles either. It was loose fitting and hung just below my thighs. The red dress from last night was wrinkled and discarded on the floor beside the cabinet.

My eyes scanned the room a second time, just to check if I really was alone. The door was closed and the wind was the only noise coming in from the outside. I carefully stood up; hesitant to move too quickly.

I kept my good hand on my head to massage my temple with tender care. When I reached the closed door, I dropped my hand from my temple onto the doorknob and twisted the glass handle, but a click prevented me from opening the door. The room was locked.

Wonderful.

I sighed and placed my sore hand over the other. I closed my eyes and let the soft magic fill my palms. It stung a bit on the hurt palm, but my pain paid off. The door clicked a second time and I was able to pull it open.

I glanced into the hallway.

Thanatos' chambers were deadly quiet.

I stuck my head out further. When I was satisfied that there wasn't anyone around, I slipped out of the room and tiptoed towards the dining hall.

The place looked deserted.

Suddenly, a faint noise startled me to a freezing point. I stopped dead in my tracks and listened.