(14)Torn up in Black Wine (Part 2)

I adjusted the collar of my shirt for what felt like the fifteenth time in the span of half an hour

I adjusted the collar of my shirt for what felt like the fifteenth time in the span of half an hour. Tonight was my dinner with Aurora. Well, our dinner with Aurora...

Gods. What a bloody, unnecessary mess I've gotten myself into. I should've ordered Hypnos to stay away from her right from the start. The minute he suggested seeing her, I should've made up some horrible lie; like she has syphilis or something. Would he even have believed that? Probably not, but I still should've tried to keep them apart.

What was this about them 'enjoy each other's company'? Utter bullshit. Aurora was too stuck up to enjoy any company. Much less my brother's.

Who's also happens to be devilishly handsome, smart, amusing, kind and aloof. Fuck. Was she falling for him? She can't fall for him!

Oh, Gaia's left buttock- imagine I have to be the best man at their wedding! You idiot, Thanatos! You need to fix this. Tear them apart and make him forget about her. Make her want you.

She's a poison that had somehow become entrapped inside my bloodstream. Did Hypnos feel the same way? Did he too dream about her at night? Waking himself up by muttering her name over and over? If so, then there was no way I knew of how to erase her from his mind, because gods know, I've tried everything.

After fixing the collar of my black shirt- again- I made my way towards the west wing of the royal floor of Olympus, where Hypnos and Hemera resided. My family was separated from my private wing. As emperor, I enjoyed complete privacy and seclusion.

The guards and servants bowed deeply as I passed, but my gaze was fixed on the door ahead. Was she already here? Would she feel awkward about tonight, knowing how I'd tried to seduce her and now she was seeing my twin? That sounded horrible- even in my head. I hated it. I loathed it. I felt like heaving at the thought of them together. It's a good thing then that I hadn't eaten in a while...

The guards stationed on the side of Hypnos' wing, bowed and pulled open the doors for me to enter. I was met with a romantic sight.

The chamber was decorated with beautiful, illuminating candles, bouquets of pink and white flowers and a dining table set with the finest silver.

The balcony doors were wide open, shoving a humid breeze through the marble arches. A servant was wiping some golden chalices with a cloth, and upon my entrance, stopped what he was doing and bowed deeply.

"Where is the prince?" I asked with a knot forming in my throat. This looked far too romantic for someone Hypnos just wanted to get into bed.

The older man indicated to the room to my right; "The kitchen, majesty."

"Thank you." I quickly rushed into the right room, my feet moving with impatience.

My eyes locked onto the man of the hour. He was standing beside an elderly woman; her grey hair in a tight bun and her eyes focused on the creamy batter on the table. She dipped a spoon into the mixture and hummed with approval; "I think it's ready, sweetheart."