(19)Inked in Resistance

Anything, any chance, any way I could distract my mind, I would take it

The last thing I wanted was to think about him.

The last thing on earth I wanted was to go back to that dark, shadowy place where my mind didn't function properly and my heart kicked common sense to the backseat. I would rather spend all the minutes in the day discussing Samaria's latest movie obsession or listen to Alexus complain about her work. I would honesty spend every second of every day practising my magic, until my fingers were numb, before I allowed my head to skip back to him.

To him.

To that same feeling that drove me to do things I never thought I would. To say things I didn't want to even think about now. How could I be so receptive of his charms when I knew how empty they were? Was he just that good at tempting and seducing me or was I that bad at resisting him?

Why did I allow myself to be led to his room? I shouldn't have given him that opportunity to catch me like that. But I did and I ended up stupidly drunk and divulged so much sensitive information. Hecate was going to have a fit...

The moment I'd landed back on earth, I'd ran to my room and slammed the door shut. I'd locked myself inside my chambers, away from the judging world. These emotions and this weakness was not who I was- it wasn't how I handled situations.

So what if I was attracted to him? So was most of the population. That was nothing new. That was an annoying obstacle that I had to endure. The fact that I found him utterly interesting and fascinating was what worried me, because lying to myself about that aspect was not going to help me anymore. I had to admit it- out loud.

I'd shook my head and placed my forehead against the wooden door. With a shaky voice I softly self-proclaimed; "I want to spend more time with him."

The mere fact that those words had passed my mouth was beyond my comprehension. This was no game- this was real. Very real. He was somehow luring me in and I had no idea what sort of trick he was trying to pull. It was working and it scared me how unreliable my own body and mind had become.

I barely knew him, but I knew enough. I knew what I felt and I knew what I shouldn't feel.

We'd kissed. That was our first kiss.

My hand reached up to my lips almost instinctively. I wanted to feel the spot where his lips had touched mine. It was cold, dry. My breathing was low. I stared at the floor, my forehead still resting against the door and my hair hanging in my face. It was horrible.

It was horrible how he tasted. How he felt. How he fit against me.

Horrible.

That's what I was going to stick with- horrible. He was horrible and what we shared was nothing other than vile. I kept telling everyone how I was going to put my foot down and step against him- step away from him- but what have I got to show for it?