𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕀𝕥 ℍ𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕤

~ Ariel ~

                              ~ Ariel ~

They didn't realize I was standing behind them and listening to the conversation.

But my heart just broke, into million pieces.

"That's right, I know your secret, and you're going to tell her right now or I will."

I swallow the lump in my throat and speak up heavily.

"... No need."

They both turn and look at me, their eyes widening.

"Ariel, I'm so so sorry."She walks towards me but I take a step back shaking my head.

"How? And how long? Just answer."I say while holding my tears back.

She looks down humiliated before answering.

"Xavier didn't do the math right, it was just three months I promise, we were both wrong and it wasn't meant to happen, I'm so sorry please forgive me."

I stay quiet.

"We started sleeping with each other but I realized what I did so I ended it, I never meant to hurt you in any way, Ariel, your relationship was failing and he was sad...I'm so sorry."

She bursts into sobs and falls on her knees.

"I didn't want you to find out like this, just give me a chance to explain it better, please? I'm begging you."

She hugs my legs and I stare at Xavier, my eyes full of tears and my chest aching from the betrayal that just struck me.

So this is what it feels like? Friendship betrayal feels like....like you just wasted half of your life and everything is suddenly so blank and empty...

I drop my clothes on the floor and look down at her.

"Leave."I spit out harshly and push her with my leg.

"Leave and never show your face again, I don't want to hear, see, talk or think of you anymore."

Her eyes widen and she shakes her head aggressively, her cries becoming louder.

"No! Please don't do this, just let me explain everything and I promise you'll understand what happened, don't leave me sis."She sobs and holds my legs tighter.

"....Was that the guy you've been hooking up with and telling me for the past month? Was he the reason you had to do a pregnancy test?" She stays quiet and my stomach sinks, the loudest silence of my life, giving me the clearest answer.

Even if our relationship was failing, she stood by my side watching me fix something she was partly ruining, she watched me blame myself knowing what he did.