Chapter 26

After three weeks, Nakul returned to Indraprasth. He went to another Kingdom for finalising a treaty proposal and returned after securing another ally successfully. He met Sahdev at the entrance and moved inside hurriedly, his eyes searching Drisana. But surprisingly she was nowhere to be seen. He reported back to Yudhisthir and went in search of her. He was annoyed at her behaviour. Here, he had returned after weeks and she was missing instead of welcoming him at the entrance only.

Upon enquiries, he got to know she was in the garden. Nakul went there only to find her sitting under a Nandi flame tree. Nakul smiled remembering the particular memories they had under this tree. He silently took slow steps in her direction from behind. When he stood just behind her, he took out the string of jasmine flower and removing the sirovastra, put it on her hair.

Drisana who had already felt his presence, silently sat with a beautiful smile playing on her lips

Drisana who had already felt his presence, silently sat with a beautiful smile playing on her lips. Before leaving, Nakul had asked what he should bring for her while returning. Well, Drisana realised what she was going to say, wasn't still available in this time period though it was very simple and easy to get at kaliyug. Nakul would have to go to Indralok to get that. So, she told him to bring something else.

"Bring me a garland of mallika pushp (jasmine flower)." She had replied.

"Why is that? There is no shortage of jasmine flowers here. I can bring something precious and special for you Hridi." Nakul had asked in surprise.

"I know you can. But I don't carve for precious and special things. Those are nothing. What I carve for, is your love Nirmay. Precious jewelleries or special gems is only pretentious and I won't feel special in showing off the expensive gifts you bring me. I will feel special only by the simple and regular things, you do for me. Besides I don't want you to waste your time in choosing gifts. I want you to come back to me soundly as soon as possible." Drisana replied with a smile.

"You know, for a princess your maintenance is very low." Nakul said teasing her and received a slap on his chest.

"You should be grateful that I find pleasure in simple and cheap things rather than demanding expensive and rare ones." Drisana said with a pout as he chuckled.

"You, my Hridaya is the most expensive and rare thing in this whole universe to me. And in front of you, everything loses its magnificence." Nakul said hugging her from behind.

Drisana came out of the memory as she felt him placing a necklace on her.