Chapter 62

Hello people!!!!!

Look who is back!!!!!!!!!

Well.... sorry for the long wait. But couldn't help it... midlife crisis you know....😅

And thank you all for your concerns and support.🙂🙂🙂❤️💙💛

And those who got pissed at me and ranted that "you wouldn't have read the story at the 1st place if you knew so"
I never found myself asking for a read and writing is not a job, it's a hobby for me. I write when I feel like it. If I force myself for an update, I end up disappointed. So, my story, my rules, my choices. 🙂

Anyway, thank you so much for your support the understanding one's and also those who frequently requested for an update. I love you all ....❤️❤️❤️

***************************************

"Jise dekho aaj kal baccio ka hi vivha karwa raha hai. (Everyone nowadays are marrying off baby girls.)" Bheem commented giving a side glance to Sahdev breaking the silence of the chamber.

And that was enough. Enough to break the leash on Nakul's laughter as Sahdev gave an exasperated look to Bheem.

"Tum kya itna haas rahe ho Nakul? Tumhe toh aab aur sabhdhan hona cahiye. Kahi naamkaran ke paschat tumhari Dharampatni bhi tumhari Putri ka vivha na karwa de!
(Why are you laughing so much? You should be more careful now. What if after the naming ceremony your wife also gets your daughter married!)"
Sahdev taunted effectively ending Nakul's laughing fit. His eyes widened in fear at the possibility.

"Nothing of that sort will happen. Drisana is an intelligent woman. She herself has chosen her own groom without listening to anyone. She won't offer anything different to her daughter. But you have yet to explain Arjun, why you did so." Yudhisthir said catching everyone's attention. Arjun straightened at the question.

"As Shrutakarma's father, you have the right to take decisions regarding his future. And it is the duty of a father to bestow his son with good education and values, to help him in settling in material life and show him the path of achieving spiritual goals. But every phase of life is dedicated to achieve different aims and means. Shrutakarma is just a child who is supposed to enjoy his childhood before entering the first stage of education. Brahmacharya ashram (student life). And here you already decided who he should start his Grahastya ashram (family life) with. I know it's a common practice in Aryavart. But don't you think he should be given the right to take this decision when he grows up?" Yudhisthir added.

After Arjun's declaration, Draupadi had silently welcomed the both of them and left. Devika took Rajkumari Mridvika with her and Drisana followed to help her in preparing the living arrangements whereas Valandhara went to arrange baby food and check on Draupadi. On the other hand, Yudhisthir ordered Arjun to come to his meeting chamber after quickly meeting Mata Kunti. Now, the five brothers were gathered in the chamber to hear his explanation after the women arrived.

Arjun remained silent at his brother s' query and gathered his thoughts. Meanwhile, the women arrived one by one with Draupadi coming at last wearing a stoic expression. But the questions were loud in her eyes.

After remaining quiet for some time, Arjun started.

"When I arrived at Malava kingdom, it was in a chaos. Maharaj Shankhdatta had been killed with treachery by his own brother, Vajradatta. He planned to marry Maharani Mridulata who committed suicide to protect herself. Amidst this, as Maharaj Shankhdatta did not have any son and his brother was disowned long before, the courtiers rebelled for the throne. And suddenly the innocent daughter of Maharaj Shankhdatta was at the center of this mess. Getting hold of the child would ensure the claim to the throne. That's why they wanted an alliance. Going as far as to consider fixing her marriage to the much older minister. On the other hand, Vajradatta was after the life of the child. If she no longer remains, no one would be able to stop him from claiming the throne as he would have been the only living member of the royal blood."