Chapter 38

I am astonished guys!!! I thought it will take weeks to reach the target of votes. But in two nights and one single day, you made it possible. I'm sooooo proud of you....❤❤❤

Now, I wanted to hit you with 2-3 back to back new updates. But.....there's two issues. This week I have a very important exam. And another thing is I'm feeling a little sick since a few days.

So, I couldn't manage more than one chapter. 😟😟😟

Happy reading...💖💖💖

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

In the forest between Panchal and Indraprasth....

"Why haven't they entered the forest yet?" One of the assassins asked. The troupe was supposed to continue their journey this morning and enter the forest. But their camp was still there. Neither they broke the camp, nor started their journey.

"Maybe their lifetime includes one more day. As soon as they enter the forest, they'll be dead. All our men are ready and at position, right?" The chief asked the one with him.

"Yes." The man replied nodding.

"Okay. Stay here. I will come back in a while." The chief said and left to answer nature's call.

♧♧♧

The chief was returning to his men when he noticed a hawk flying in the sky and making noise. He frowned observing its' movements. This same hawk had been passing through the forest since the past few days. They had been in the forest for almost seventeen days. But, before didn't notice it. As he was thinking about it, he reached the place where he left his men.

"This hawk has been making too much noise. The target can get alert by it." The chief commented. But neither the man replied, nor he turned to face him.

"Damru? I am talking to you." The chief said sternly. But Damru still didn't respond. The chief in anger and annoyance kept a hand on his shoulder, only to be surprised when Damru who was standing by leaning on a tree, fell on the ground face first. The chief leaned down to examine him. And found out that someone had ripped apart the drum heads of his Damru.

The chief in shock and confusion went to alert his other men. He thumped on the tree trunk on which another of his man sat. When his man didn't respond, he thumped on the tree trunk again only to realise something slimy was on the tree bark. He looked at it to find blood which now coloured his hand too. He took a few steps back to be on the right angle to see his men through the tree branches. There he was. Hanging from the tree branch with a knife sticking out from his throat.

He became anxious and moved to another tree. But the same fate had fallen to the man seated there too. He went from one tree to another to find their dead bodies hanging or laying under the trees. He then rushed to the hiding place on the forest floor where his other men were. The sight made his eyes wide open. The men's head had been busted. Blood and brain was scattered there. Closing his eyes in disgust at the gruesome sight, he rushed to the bushes. There some of his men laid with their throats or chests slit open.

Perspiration of fear slid down from the side of his temple. Someone was here and he wasn't alone. Very tactfully all of his men had been taken out without even giving them the chance to defend. The chief had long ago unscathed his knives sensing the danger. He looked around carefully. Keeping watch on his surroundings, he moved silently. He knew not if the enemy was still here or not. But most probably they were. And he wasn't going down without a fight in that case. Just as he was keeping watch on the ground, a screeching noise came from above making him startled. The hawk.