part: 4

song: The End of the World - Sharon Van Etten

3rd pov

(things written like this are flashbacks)

fury practically ran down the halls when he heard that agent coulson was down.

he entered the cell room and looked to his left, and there coulson was, barely clinging onto life.

fury walked to him and kneeled down in front of the agent.

"sorry boss," coulson said, gasping for breath, "the god rabbited."

fury looked him hard in the eyes.

"just stay awake," he said sternly, "eyes one me."

coulson sighed, "no. i'm clocking out here."

"not an option," fury said, shaking his head as he held coulson's face up with his hand.

"it's okay, boss," coulson sighed, inhaling sharply after, "i'm not gonna make it, but him.."

with the last of his strength, coulson looked to still body of y/n, and pointed at him with his finger.

right then and there, coulson died, his last breath taken.

fury stared at coulson, and then looked down at his hand. he slowly turned to look at what coulson was pointing at.

and his heart dropped when he saw y/n laying in a puddle of his own blood.

"oh, no," fury said.

fury remembered the first day he met y/n. the boy was only 10.

the young boy cried and wailed. the bodies of three other children around him.
they all lay in the middle of a grass field connected to the side of an elementary school building.

they were all covered in bruises and cuts, only two of three children were breathing. y/n looked between his three peers and knew that he had done something wrong, but he couldn't remember it.

other children in the field were screaming and crying as they stared at the horrific image.

teachers ran for y/n and the three boys laying on the ground. and one of the teachers screamed when she realized one of them was dead.

a male teacher stood aside as he talked on the phone with the police.

y/n could hear the sirens of police cars in the distance, and he was terrified. he had seen on tv what happened to bad people who hurt others.

he didn't mean to hurt the boys. he didn't mean for them to be injured. but he grew tired and sick of being bullied by them.

he was tired of being hit and pushed and made fun of. and after one particular bad day, he decided that he was going to fight back.

but he doesn't remember fighting back. he remembers getting hit and everything going black. and when he woke up again, children were screaming and beside him laid the bodies of his bullies.

he screamed in horror and stared at their blood on his hands.

he thrashed and kicked and screamed when the police arrived, trying to carry him away.

he got out of the grip of the officers and managed to launch one away with a shove. the officers were astonished at the unusual strength of the child.

that's when shield came in. after the officers were finally able to detain the boy and bring him to the station, fury and a few other agents walked in.