part: 47

3rd pov

"simple... yet, delicious," loki said, chewing the grilled cheese that y/n made.

"right? i told you they were gourmet," y/n said, leaning back into his chair.

"i never doubted you," loki said, taking another bite.

the elevator dinged and y/n and loki looked to the hallway, waiting for whoever had arrived to walk through. it was thor.

"hello siblings," thor said, walking to the cabinet and opening it.

"hi..?" y/n greeted, slightly confused.

thor pulled out a box of pop tarts and smiled, walking to the dining table and sitting down with y/n and loki. they both just stared at thor, who was tearing open a pack of pop tarts.

he seemed to notice their gazes and smiled at them obliviously.

"thor, what are you doing here?" y/n finally asked, thor's smile flattened.

"can i not enjoy the presence of my brothers?" thor asked, chomping down on a pop tart.

"well— you can, but why now all of a sudden?" y/n asked. thor put down his pop tart leaned back in his chair, thinking.

"i've come to realize that i don't know much about you, y/n. and i have a lot of missed time to make up for with loki," thor said, finishing off the last of his pop tart and opening another pack.

"what's your real motive, thor? surely you don't just want to spend time with us," loki asked, squinting at thor suspiciously.

"i really meant what i said, loki. i realized how much i missed you. the prank the two of you pulled on me made me realize just how much i missed having a brother." thor turned from loki to y/n, "and now that i have two, i'd like to actually spend time with them."

loki still didn't believe him, but when he felt y/n's hand reach to hold his, he let out a sigh.

"fine, whatever," loki said. thor's smile returned and loki rolled his eyes.

"so, y/n, let's start with the basics. what was your childhood like?" thor asked. y/n hummed as he tried to find a way to explain his childhood.

"probably much different from your guys', after the accident when i was ten, fury took me in and homeschooled me. living with him was okay, i guess, but he wasn't around much," y/n said, tapping on his thigh, "when i turned 18, after years and years of begging, fury finally let me start working with shield. i wasn't very qualified. i knew next to nothing in martial arts, i couldn't shoot a gun, and i was never let in on any top secret things."

thor and loki listened to him speak tentatively.

"of course i always did want to know how to do those things, but fury never let me learn. and now i know why." y/n looked down and sighed, biting the inside of his cheek. "he was afraid of me. to get me to stop asking to be put in martial arts classes, he put me in piano lessons, which worked. i ended up really enjoying it."

y/n didn't miss loki's small smile when he mentioned the piano.

"working for shield was sort of a drag. fury never let me do any of the cool stuff. mostly all i got to do was participate in meetings and teach new recruits all of the technical stuff. and that's basically it. that's pretty much what my entire life had been up until germany, where i met loki for the first time." y/n said, shrugging.

"i remember germany. i couldn't take my eyes off of you all night," loki said. y/n's eyebrows furrowed.

"what do you mean? you would've killed me if steve didn't jump in front of me," y/n said, folding his arms.