I

Jaehyun's POV.

"Mr.Jeong the paper has been delivered to them" a female employee reported, I nodded as a response and then spun my swivel chair around to face the city view behind me.

another year has passed...

Christmas just ended and this year has been so good for all of us. It's like a fever dream... how everything went exactly as how I wanted it to be.

Our business skyrocketed making my name be well known in the media. The cleanest word one can hear, my name...  Jeong Jaehyun.

Since Lee Taeyong dumped the gang on me, everything went unbelievably well. I must be so proud of myself for keeping it that way but at the back of my mind there's some terrible thought that kept on bothering the hell out of me. I may be overthinking but who the fvck cares... It's better to be cautious.

Behind all of our surface businesses there lies underground transactions. For a mafia sht like me danger always awaits... and in my case... it feels like I'm fvcking waiting for it to come.

I know life can't be this dreamy and easy, there's always that bvllsht that'll come and will turn everything upside down.

"why the hell are you always in deep thought Jaehyun?" I looked over my shoulder to see Doyoung standing in front of my desk. I didn't even heard his footsteps.

"why the hell do you care?" I countered. He shrugged and then took a seat. Doyoung took my previous position in the family, with Yuta as the new consigliere.

"oh right, I was about to tell you something before I saw your tiger-like face through the glass window" he sarcastically said. I remained silent as he continued. "Haechan and Jeno are on their way to get the package"

The family expanded as per everyone's suggestion. They're about Haechan and Mark's age so I have them both join the new ones and form a unit group, working for a less dangerous transactions.

"I suppose you've told them the only rule" I said. He nodded.

"of course"

*****

Haechan's POV.

"what's taking the transporter so long?" Jeno asked for the fifth time. We just arrived and yet he's itching to go home right away. He's pissing me off, I should've went with Jisung instead.

"could you just wait and shut up?" I rolled my eyes at him. "but on the other hand... he must be here already. It's passed the time they gave him" I said while glancing on my watch.

Me and Jeno are sitting inside the car just like what Doyoung hyung just instructed us to do.

"Don't come out of the car"
"let the man put the package inside the trunk"
"no words then drive off"

"don't even try to open the package"

"you know what? when Doyoung hyung said we can't open it... it makes me want to take a peek" Jeno said subconsciously. I punched him slightly.

"yah! don't even lure me to peek in! Jaehyun hyung will kill us"

"must be just guns and stuffs right?" he asked again. He's full of curiosity I swear to God. I just nodded him off and signalled him to shut up.

After a few more minutes of waiting, a car stopped behind us. Someone holding a black travel bag came near our car's trunk.

"it's here" I said.

"oh?"

the person opened the trunk as we watched through the rear view mirror. The person closed the trunk right away and went back to his car.

I started the engine and drove off.

"Just like that?" Jeno questioned

"Just like that."

~~~

We arrived at the mansion and saw that all the cars are already parked inside, sign that everyone's at home.

Jeno went straight inside the mansion right after I parked not even bothering to help me with the package.

I opened the trunk and took the bag... the weight is strangely lighter than what I have expected. It's light and heavy at the same time like what the fvck is inside this bag??

I brushed off my thought and entered, Jaehyun and Doyoung hyung are waiting by the huge door.

"well done Haechan and Jeno" Doyoung hyung complimented.

"all we did was wait anyway but thanks" Jeno answered, ready to walk pass by them but Jaehyun hyung talked.

"that bag is supposed to be heavy" Jaehyun hyung said staring straight to the bag I'm carrying effortlessly. Jeno and I shared a confused look.

"I-It's heavy tho, but light-- I don't know" I scratched my nape. It's indeed heavy but I can manage.

Jaehyun hyung stretched out his arm I was just about to lift my arm and hand him the bag when it started...

moving...

"w-what the---" I panicked and took a step back still holding the bag.

the movement got followed with whimpers, something like silenced scream...

a feminine one.

꧁ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙀𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙚 ꧂

chapter 1 is out! *whew I'm so nervous omg HAHAHAHA anyways! let the game begin I guess? 😏😏

pls don't forget to tap the star!! comments are highly appreciated! hope y'all will support this book too!!!