X L I

Lai's POV.

"fvck, my head" I groaned as I massaged my temple. I genuinely feel like crap. My head is throbbing, I feel something hurting on my back, I feel dizzy... just pure sh*t.

I opened my eyes and propped myself up. I got greeted by an elegant room, a comfortable bed, and an uncannily familiar smell...

Jaehyun's scent is lingering throughout the entire place. I'm in his room but most certainly not in his suite.

Goddamn, don't tell me they took me to their mansion.

Memories of everything that had happened last night came rushing back to my mind all at once. The last thing I saw before I fainted was a syringe containing whatever that strong sh*t is, I don't even know who on earth stabbed me with such vigor. That jerk seemed to be holding a grudge against me.

I get off the massive bed and the moment my feet touched the ground dizziness struck me once again. "God" but despite that, I left the room... confirming that I'm indeed in their mansion.

I cursed under my breath as I held on to the wall to support myself since my head is really spinning.

"Miss Lai you're finally awake" I saw a hand stretched in front of me, seemingly hesitant to hold or offer support to me. I lifted my gaze and saw Jisung. "are you dizzy?"

"to be honest you're spinning" I uttered. He gasped, panicking. "Where's Jaehyun?" I asked instead.

"He's probably still talking to WayV; they're in the gardenhe muttered as he timidly rubbed his nape.

He kept on dodging my gaze, something doesn't feel right.

"Did they die?" I asked, pertaining to the guys in the van. I saw 4 people in the backseat excluding the fvcking asshole in the front seat.

He looked at me surprised. Probably not expecting that question. "a-ah yes they d-did, hyungs weren't able to get them out before the car exploded" he explained.

I got blinded by anger last night, I wasn't able to control my emotions and it killed 5 people. damn... this is why I shouldn't face those bastards all alone.

"I'll talk to Jaehyun" I said before walking past him. My dizziness suddenly subsided as my mind got occupied in an instant.

I walked through the long hallway and realized that I am on the 2nd floor. I pass by several rooms and the entire place is silent, I almost think that only Jisung and I are here.

When I reached the last step of the stairs, a portrait caught my attention. I went near the wall... it's a portrait of the entire gang. On the left, beside it is a solo frame of their former leader Lee Taeyong and on the other side is Jaehyun's.

My attention, though, kept returning to the largest one in the middle. They were all smiling, the photo was taken at the very right moment. Organizations like theirs would usually hang a photo that will mirror their power but the one here is different...

It's almost as though it hangs in the middle of the mansion to serve as a constant reminder that they are more than just a mafia organization... that they're a family.

This is the life I stirred. This is the family I risked.

I know almost everything about them, I know the bond between them, and yet I still chose to be selfish and use them because I'm too afraid to move on my own.

Honestly speaking? it's not their problem that teenage girls are suddenly disappearing in this city, it's beyond their concerns that a rampant kidnapping is happening because of a Goddamn presidential candidate. It's not their problem that my sister is being held on the neck, nor is it their concern that I need my mother back.