X X V

Without saying a word, Lai turned her back and went to the employees' lounge. She was so focused on her emotions that she missed the worry in Jaehyun's eyes and Dong Si Cheng calling out her name.

Jaehyun being utterly clueless about what was going on between the two tried to push his concern away and went back to the reason he went down to the lobby in the first place.

"what do you want from me?" Jaehyun asked Dong Si Cheng.

"Can we talk somewhere private?" the latter asked instead. Jaehyun wondered what is it he had to say that he needed confidentiality.

The two went to Jaehyun's office and Si Cheng wasted no time and straight off informed him about a covenant his gang would like to offer.

Taeil's statement was precise but to make things more accurate, it's Hendery's sister who has gone missing for almost a week already.
WayV has been making moves since then and it lead them to a syndicate gang who goes by the initials ZFE, and soon enough they learned that those are the people under a big business corporation with its CEO attempting to win the presidential election.

"We can't possibly work on our own given that we're just a small gang. Yangyang has informed us about the encounter last night, hence this proposition"

The two aren't new to each other, aside from the fact that they've already encountered a few times doing underground works and have exchanged several deals. They knew each other even before they both entered the mafia world.

Only this time it's different.

"we'd like to merge with your family"

*****

Jaehyun's POV.

"they don't seem to know about the deal between the north and the south yet, but they have ideas about what is going on" I said.

I'm here at the mansion now relaying information to the entire group. We're contemplating whether to accept the proposition of WayV or not. I need to hear their suggestions or violent reactions, this is a big decision to make I shouldn't make it myself.

"we worked with them a couple of times already right?" Yuta asked,  Doyoung nodded.

"I think we can go with them. I mean--- they're fine for me. They got zero involvement in crimes or whatever. Just like us." Mark talked and he got everyone nodding in agreement.

I glanced at Doyoung and Yuta. They both nodded. "does everyone agree?" I asked.

"yes" they answered in unison.

"alright. We need them, we're fighting against an entire empire. Expanding will strengthen us and allow us to have a much larger connection" Everyone here knows all members of WayV anyway. "After I and Kun finalize the conditions they'll join us on planning, and by then we'll work with them."  I said, wrapping up the meeting.

and like what we've discussed in the meeting, the following days went by as planned. Kun and I talked about the current situation and finalized the state of affairs as well. I have no problem working with them and I hope I'm good to assume that the feeling is mutual.